Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbelda1219
Reel Rookie

Roku failed to respond with Alexa

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same issue. It suddenly stopped responding. I have followed all of the steps, disabled and re-enabled the skill, restarted the echo, did a system restart on the Roku TV. Nothing is working and it has worked just fine for 6 months. There were no changes made to the Echo or the Roku TV that led to this. Please help. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku failed to respond with Alexa

Jump to solution

Hi, Roku Community users!

We believe we have successfully addressed the recent issue that affected some users. Please try again and inform us if the problem has been resolved on your end.

If you are still experiencing this issue, go ahead and start a new thread, and shoot me a PM.

This discussion will be closed and this post will be marked as solved. We appreciate your patience, and we also thank everyone who reported this.

Happy Streaming! 💜

Many thanks,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @pbelda1219.

Welcome, and thanks for sharing it here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having trouble getting your Roku to respond with Alexa. We are happy to take a closer look at it.

To help us investigate what's causing the problem, please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Alexa app version.

As soon as we have the necessary information, we'll be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku Team for a thorough review and investigation. Thanks for bearing with us in the meantime.

Please let us know if you have other concerns; we'd happily assist you further.

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pbelda1219
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku TV-

Device model: 100013589
Serial number: YK00XU960945
Device ID: LD700X960945
Software version: 13.1.4

Amazon Echo Pop-

Serial number: A142A0B1BFOC41F0BACFE5B860FD3090

App version: 2024.12

Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Lori1570
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem all of a sudden on my TLC Roku TV.  I am getting "something went wrong, try again".  It has worked fine for years, then all of a sudden, a few days ago it stopped working.

0 Kudos
maristjcisneros
Reel Rookie

Alexa does not turn on or off my roku device

Jump to solution

Hi, I don't have a smart tv. But I turn my tv into a smart TV with Roku Express 4K.

I bought Alexa and I linked it to my roku. 

Alexa is obeying the commands like: Alexa go to netflix, Alexa play Blue Bloods...

But, Alexa doesn't obey the command : Alexa turn on or turn off Roku. 

Can somebody help me please. thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Alexa does not turn on or off my roku device

Jump to solution

Hi, @maristjcisneros.

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community. 

We understand you're having trouble with your Alexa commands on your Roku Devices. We'll be happy to help you out with this.

May we know what troubleshooting steps you have done so far? If you haven't made any attempts to troubleshoot this, 

You may try...

• To restart the process, you can turn off the Alexa skill on the Alexa app and then enable it again. This will help refresh the Alexa skills and may resolve any issues you are experiencing.
  • Restart your Roku Device. If you are experiencing issues with your device, you may want to consider restarting it, as it can help restore normal operation. Just navigate to Settings > System > Power > System Restart ( If Power is not listed, skip to the next step).

We recommend trying the steps above to see if they improve what you're experiencing right now.

Learn more about How to use Amazon Alexa to control your Roku streaming device.

We are glad to have assisted you and hope that the information provided has been beneficial.

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@maristjcisneros It sounds like your Roku is responsing to Alexa but the TV is not.  You do not turn off the Roku Express 4K but I think you want to turn the TV off/on.  Can you link the Alexa to the TV itself?

0 Kudos
Warue

Jump to solution

Also having this issue recently where the "something went wrong" pops up. I see the Roku updated one the 27th and that's around the time I noticed this issue so I assume it has to do with that update.

0 Kudos
maristjcisneros
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I really thank you for your help. 

I did what you told me and I continue with the same situation. 

It's really weird because Alexa is obeying commands once I am in Roku.

But the only commands that doesn't obey are related to the TV: Turn on/off TV, mute TV

I have a friend in Latin America and her TV is older than mine and it's working for her. 

0 Kudos
maristjcisneros
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, thanks for your suggestion. 

I tried to link my TV to Alexa but it is not possible, the app doesn't find my Tv Samsung Model Code: PN51F4550. 

But a friend of mine from Latin America, she didn't link her TV to Alexa and her tv is older than mine and it is working for her. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.