Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oliviastonebrea
Channel Surfer

Re: Airplay doesn’t work after new tv update

Spoiler
I already gave this information further up in the thread
0 Kudos
Metard79
Reel Rookie

Same issue.

AirPlay worked fine before.

doesnt anymore.

Apple and Roku seem to both have the same habit of shifting the blame literally everywhere else instead of themselves.

its not the internet connection, its not device compatibility, its not anything else except you put out a software update that doesn’t let these work the ether anymore and now your team has to work to fix it. All your support staff does is ask questions that people have already given the information for, you’re support staff doesn’t know how to READ. If this is the laziness your company embodies, then it’s worth buying a different company’s product and throwing my Roku TV in the trash. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Metard79,
We believe there's an ongoing investigation by our Roku engineers regarding this concern. To include your device in the said review and investigation, kindly provide us the following:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kjq1971

Same issues.  I've tried all the same troubleshooting advice on this thread, and no dice.  I can see the "65" Roku TV" on my screen mirroring options on my iphone.  When I click the tv, it tries to connect for 30 seconds and I get an error message on my phone saying its unable to connect.  Used to work flawlessly, now doesnt work at all.  Super frustrating. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @kjq1971!

We appreciate you raising your concern and trying to troubleshoot to no avail. 

Kindly provide the details requested by @RokuJanadeeK so we can include your device in the process. Please also include the model of your phone and the OS version of it. 

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
msinsf

Same thing here. Airplay still works with my iPhone but no longer with my 2 MacBooks. My MacBook can not find the Roku TV, literally invisible to it. Have rebooted both TV and computers; reset paired devices in Settings/AirPlay/About AirPlay

TCL Roku TV 7108X, software version: 12.5.5 build 4174-30

I don' see a way to message RokuJanadeeK directly. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the follow-up, @msinsf.

No worries We have collected and forwarded the following details to the appropriate Roku team for review and further investigation. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Let us know if you have further inquiries regarding this.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jw1211
Reel Rookie

Same issue. This is clearly a wide spread issue, why isn’t there a solution?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jw1211,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!
We'd like to investigate further this issue that you're experiencing. May we know what Roku device you're using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify) What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ralphtapia

Same issue ID 2D-043-693

0 Kudos