Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lyyyyuuu
Reel Rookie

Airplay doesn’t work after the new tv software update

same here,  done everything on the article,  still no working.  on the Apple and homekit setting there is no further option of "homekit" or "on/off". When click on it,  Airplay message appears but then nothing happen, no QR code, nothing. 

All this went wrong since some software update. Used to work good. 

Having a Axxx roku TV with is 12. 5

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
70 REPLIES 70
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Airplay doesn’t work after new tv update

Hi @lyyyyuuu,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far? Can you also send us a photo of the issue that you are experiencing? In the meantime, please try to restart the system by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) and see if it fixes the issue.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lyyyyuuu
Reel Rookie

tried restarting tv, restarting ipad, restarting wifi multiple times.

screen of  airplay setting:

WeChat Image_20231031122649.jpg

screen of clicking of it, airplay message appears, then nothing happen and goes back to the screen above.

WeChat Image_20231031122704.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lyyyyuuu,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We'd like to collect more details about this issue so we can forward it with our team for further investigation. Kindly provide the following information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).
  • Mobile device brand, model, and OS version

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lyyyyuuu
Reel Rookie

WeChat Image_20231101142614.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the follow-up, @lyyyyuuu.

No worries. We have already gathered and forwarded all the data you have provided to the appropriate Roku team for review. This will be investigated further by them, and we'll update this thread if we have information to share.

Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
time_spiritus
Reel Rookie

@RokuJanadeeK 

Hello,

I also have the issue with Airplay. I have tried all the methods including factory reset and updating my iphone and macbook, but nothing works. Here is my Roku TV information:

Hisense model: 55U6

Hardware ID: G219X

Serial number: X013007WRL1E

Software version: 12.5.0 build 4179-CH

Please help, thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @time_spiritus.

We sincerely regret any trouble this may have caused you and appreciate you for performing the troubleshooting methods you have mentioned above. 

Worry no more, as we would be more than willing to forward your concern as well as the information you have provided to the appropriate Roku team for further review. We humbly ask for one more thing before we can escalate this effectively. Kindly provide us with a Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID). 

We'll be looking forward to your response, as we are more than eager to resolve your concern in the best way we can.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
time_spiritus
Reel Rookie

@RokuCarly 

When I connected to Airplay, there was no error showing up on TV. When my iPhone showed "Unable to connect to Roku TV", I clicked the home icon and the back icon. Here is the issue ID: 1E-449-322.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for your prompt response, @time_spiritus!

We'll take it from here, and I have passed along this case to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. 

We'll get back to this thread once we have an update available regarding this.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos