Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BAMHousehold
Reel Rookie

Airplay disconecting after a minute or two

For the last few weeks, every day, I have had an issue with AirPlay disconnecting within a couple of minutes.  It does not matter if it is audio only, like podcasts or screen mirroring.  The only solution I have found is to go into my Roku TV settings -> power -> restart.  Then AirPlay will work fine for the day.

This seems to have started after the last Roku OS update.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Airplay disconecting after a minute or two

Hi @BAMHousehold,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you've been experiencing with the Airplay feature on your Roku TV. No worries! We're here to investigate further. 

• Could you please send us the software version of your Roku device by going to Settings> System> About?

In the meantime, you may also reset the existing paired devices on your Airplay by navigating to your iPhone's Settings Airplay About Airplay.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BAMHousehold
Reel Rookie

My software version is 13.1.4 - Build 1512-ET

I assume the reset pairings you provided was for the Roku not phone as I dont see that on my phone, and I am using a Mac to airplay anyway.  But I did do the reset on the Roku now and will see how it goes.

I will add I have to do this restart everyday.  I generally use airplay on in the morning, so I am not sure timing, but I do know that everymorning this is happening.

Thank you!

BAMHousehold
Reel Rookie

I am still having the same issue after reseting the pairings.  Also, rebooting my computer does not help, I have to power cycle the Roku TV

Rando72

Yeah,… I have been having the same issue.  Using my iPhone with AirPlay to Roku TV, it will work for approx 10 minutes, then disconnect.  (Steaming from safari).   Seems like technology should be better than this. 🫤

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.