Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL 55S423 Having Same IssueRe: Onn won't find OTA channels: Add Hisense Roku TV, too.

Jump to solution

@HiSenseTV 

Thanks for providing us with your information.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fehler

Re: "No Program Info" on antenna channels with Hisense Roku TV

Jump to solution

I am having this same problem on a TCL ROKU tv. No OTA channels starting last week. 

0 Kudos
Dezhan11

Re: "No Program Info" on antenna channels with Roku TV

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with tv saying " no program info." No matter what I do. I've tried everything. I've never had a problem with the tv until 3 days ago.. I am out of options. I guess I will get another one not Hisense! Everything else work fine.

0 Kudos
Richnord
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I think you shouldn't blame Hisense as much as you should Ruko this problem didn't start until the 9.4.0 update. My tv worked perfectly fine until I downloaded that update. My tv is also a Hisense (58R6+). The only way that I have found to get my OTA channels to return is to unplug the tv while it is turned on. Sometimes it works the first try sometimes it takes 2-3 tries. I have tried both ways to factory reset and this seams to be the only thing that works for me at the moment. 

0 Kudos
diplexer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku claims to be aware of this happening to several TV brands.  It's there problem with that latest software. Although I can't blame the TV manufacturers I will say I will never buy another TV with Roku built in because of problems like this. If I want Roku I will buy a Roku stick or box.  If this keeps up a solution would be to buy a $25 TV tuner box and use that for antenna TV if warranties don't cover the problem. I would not dump a perfectly good TV for this blunder by Roku.

cyt

Jump to solution

This happened to my brand new Hisense Roku TV, Model # 55R6040G, I got from Target two weeks ago.  I contacted Hisense via their Live Chat and was directed here- then found out that I am not alone.

Following one of the suggestions above, I pinned the reset button and then re-scanned the channel - it worked this time: all my Live TV (V-Fios Channels) are back - don't know how long it will last though. 

0 Kudos
CanoeBeyond
Binge Watcher

Re: Onn won't find OTA channels

Jump to solution

@Dan20 wrote:

I think it’s something with the software. I have this problem with my new TCL. Unfortunately I powered it on with Ethernet plugged in and let it update during setup, and nothing I do will successfully scan my ota channels. I’ve done all variances of resets, unplugging, recovery mode, etc to no avail. When telling it to use 3 and 4 and digging up old rf equipment, the rf is fine, so the tuner isn’t dead. Also the channel scan is slow and pauses as it detects channels as expected, but always comes up nothing found. If I do it with nothing attached, it’s much quicker as progresses consistently, so that tells me there is some sort of life going on during the scan.

This is what happens on my new Hisense Roku TV.  Tried several antennas that work with my other TVs.  It pauses as expected during the scans but always reports no channels found.  My other TVs all get 32+ channels, most at maximum signal strength with the same antennas.  Tried unplugging, hard reset, etc etc.  Also tried a separate tuner (as it appears you did) and attached the old tuner trough the AV input.  That works but the Hisense internal tuner never finds any channels (Hisense 55" R5040G/R6090G).  Return the TV to Target?

0 Kudos
Richnord
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The choice is yours wether you return it or not but if I was in your shoes that's definitely the way I would lean. This has been going on now for a couple weeks for me and it's getting very aggrivating. 

0 Kudos
CanoeBeyond
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I got it working about an hour ago after dozens of attempts.  I tried a method suggested earlier for an Onn TV.  We'll see if it stays working.  I unplugged the TV for about an hour (not sure if the time matters).  Then pointed the remote at the TV and held down the power button for 60+ seconds.  Then plugged in the Hisense TV again and scanned for channels via the setup menu.  Note that I let it also scan for cable channels even though I don't have cable.  It found 38 channels which is comparable to my TCL and Vizio TVs.  Actually the tuner reception seems quite good once it's working.  Not sure how the TV sees the remote signal when it's unplugged.  Hope this helps someone and also hope it keeps working. 🙂

0 Kudos
diplexer
Binge Watcher

Re: Can't get my tv to find antenna tv channels I know are available

Jump to solution

Does it last more than a day or two?  Works for a while for me then returns randomly.

0 Kudos