Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kddogg
Reel Rookie

Re: 9.4 OTA channels cannot be found

Jump to solution

I agree.  this 9.4 is a mess!  I had just bought my first Roku TV.  OTA channels scanned fine Saturday, Sunday morning, *poof*, gone.  I replaced nearly $100 of cable and splitters, 6 hours to unstrap the existing coax and hang the new.  Still nothing.  Started searching online and discovered it was the 9.4 bug.  I nearly returned the TV thinking it was defective.

Roku, that's pretty irresponsible to roll out an untested update.  If you "tested" it, you should consider hiring third party contractors because yours aren't getting it done.  It becomes inflammatory because your tech/customer support is non-existent.  SMDH!

Get us all a fix!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL 55S423 Having Same IssueRe: Onn won't find OTA channels

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue with finding OTA channels after the most recent OS 9.4 update, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
aldo323
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku TV C110X

TCL 55S423

Serial Number X00000J40C28

Sowtware: 9.4.0 build 4190-93

Device Id S041D9D40C28

Issue Id 28-463-685

0 Kudos
Robert65
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't get my tv to find antenna tv channels I know are available

Jump to solution

Well it looks like I jumped the gun on thinking the issue was totally solved. Yesterday when I turned on the tv, the channels were still there, but the screen was blank on all the channels. I repeated the procedure from the day before and they channels were all working correctly. I turned the tv off and on several times and it worked fine, but as I suspected, when I turned the tv on this morning something changed overnight and again the channels are there but the screen is black. Can't imagine why this is happening but I'll call tech again today and see if they can solve the problem permanently, if not I guess I'll return it and decide if I have enough confidence in the product to get it again or find another brand. Oh well, no dance today, that's life.  

0 Kudos
searchinchannel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It happed to me this morning. I turned it on and it was fine, then as soon as I changed channels they all went black.

onn. model 100021258

Roku TV C250X

s/n X00100DNANRE

Device ID S04DL06NANRE

Software 9.4.0 build 4190-CE

Issue ID RE-464-499

0 Kudos
Cj98
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Brand: Onn

Model: 100021258.  C253X

Serial: X00100TS4k91 (S04J80754K91)

Software OS/Version:9.4.0 4190-CE

Tracker ID: 91-464-683

Timestamp:2020-11-18T16:43:08Z

I reached out to Roku support through chat...this is what the rep had me try and it worked for me....

Unplug your tv.  Hold the power button for 60 seconds.  Plug your tv back in.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Cj98 @searchinchannel @aldo323 

Thanks for providing us with your information.

I have passed your information along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Cj98
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My earlier suggestion apparently isn’t a permanent fix.  I had turned the tv off and when I just turned it back on I had to do the same process.  Yes, it works, but you shouldn’t have to do this every time.  Roku...please fix this issue with your update! 

0 Kudos
HiSenseTV
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL 55S423 Having Same IssueRe: Onn won't find OTA channels: Add Hisense Roku TV, too.

Jump to solution

Same issue with a #Hisense Model #50R6090G SW V9.4.0, Build 4190. Hisense told me to ask Roku for a SW update even though I was up-to-date. Anyway, that seems like the right call and I opened a ticket with Roku. Roku said, "It is an ongoing issue and will be updated at the latest." It sounds to me like there are a lot of people with the same problem. Issue ID: 67-464-975

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same issue here in Ireland no terrestrial channels since update 9.4.0 4190 although funny enough the channel and sound shows up on the little live TV preview on the home screen. My TV is a hisense R50B7120UK 

0 Kudos