Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonx2007
Reel Rookie

help Need firmware for 58R6E

does anyone know what the roku model number is for  hisense tv 58R6E  saids it should be   digits or letters. i appreciate if any one knows what the roku model number is for this tv is.  

example : CX232X

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: help Need firmware for 58R6E

@jonx2007

Thanks for the inquiry.

Your Roku device information can be found in Settings > System > About.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jonx2007
Reel Rookie

can not go to settings because tv keeps rebooting at hisense logo  this is why im asking what is the  roku model for this tv

0 Kudos

I’m having the same issue.  Did you ever get a useful answer?

0 Kudos
GoodGuy2k2k
Binge Watcher

Same issue here - how the heck are we supposed to get Roku Model & Serial if we cant get into any setup or info screens? My TV is stuck in a bootloop. 

jonx2007
Reel Rookie

I never got any help but i can tell you  what i did i switch the power supply and mainboard but i did still had the same issue. My thought are the issue could be coming from the tv screen its self could be led light strips,tcon board or led display panel. I would recommend checking the led light strips see if any of them are burned out because its a common issue with roku tvs.

0 Kudos
GoodGuy2k2k
Binge Watcher

Thank you very much for your help. I tried a replacement Mainboard and Power Board last night (from a local parts supplier nice enough to loan me a few of each to try out) - same problem (which made me think it has to be a firmware issue - but I could be wrong).

Question re LED strips you mentioned:

Does your HiSense/Roku splash screen look like mine (see picture)?

Mine looks "normal" which would indicate LED strips working and display is "Ok".

Note: This splash screen shows for a second then screen goes black for 10 seconds, then repeats over and over forever (bootloop). Thanks again for any help. 

HiSense 58R6E3 TV Splash ScreenHiSense 58R6E3 TV Splash Screen

jonx2007
Reel Rookie

Yes it looked the same as yours. Firmware is on the mainboard Unless we both got faulty replacements parts i though that could be it. You can also unplug the led power strip and use a flashlight on the screen see if it goes pass the logo which what i did and still same problem. I found that the led display panels they use are cheap low grade  manufacture panels that are sold by lg to third party companies. Neither hisense or roku are willing to help. Sorry i wish i could help more. If i had working tv to compare it would be easier to diagnose this tvs are not made to last unfortunately.

0 Kudos
knifette

I got the same issue, This look like a courtcase waiting to happen. 

0 Kudos