Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Antx227
Channel Surfer

Firmware needed for my Sharp lc-58q737ou

I need the firmware for my TV 

Sharp lc-58q737ou

I need to download it onto a USB. I tried to look for it online and on your website with no luck. Please let me know thank you. Sharp customer service advised me to contact Roku here since Roku handles these requests. 

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Firmware needed for my Sharp lc-58q737ou

@Antx227, I assume you've tried Roku | TV USB Updater .  Where in the process does it fail?  Make sure you're entering the Roku model number and not the TV model number.  It's displayed under Settings->System->About.  I think they changed the wording from "model number" to something else, but I believe for that TV it's 7235X.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Antx227
Channel Surfer

TV is on a boot loop. I tried all of the normal troubleshoots already (unplug and holding reset). When it's plugged in it'll go to the Sharp - Roku TV then shut off and loop again. I can't get into settings. I was told plugging in a USB with the firmware can fix the issue. If not then changing the main board. 

0 Kudos
Antx227
Channel Surfer

Anyone know how I can get the firmware by chance?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Antx227,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry if we're not able to catch up with you sooner but were here to help.

Could you tell us more a bit of this set up?  Was this TV working for you before, or did you just set it up and it needs an update?

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Antx227
Channel Surfer

TV was working fine. One day it just started going into a boot loop. I'm just looking for the firmware for it. I contacted Sharp who advised me to contact Roku. I already did the normal troubleshoots that was given to me. I read somewhere that if I get the firmware on a USB and input it into the TV it could help resolve the situation. I've done a lot of searching around online and I see other people having the same exact issue. Are you able to help?

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Antx227,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your TV. We're pleased to assist.

• Is this a Roku Sharp TV?
  • Is this the first time you set up/activated this Roku TV/device?
  • Is your Roku TV/device, currently connected to your network?
  • What do you see on your TV screen?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Antx227
Channel Surfer

Yes it is a Sharp Roku TV

No it is not the first time activating. I have had this tv for about 2 years.

It is not connected to the network. As stated in my previous posts, the tv once plugged in will go in a boot loop. I plug it in, "Sharp Roku TV" shows in the middle of the screen after a few seconds like its going to start then it turns black and then repeats. 

There are a ton of consumers that have this same exact issue that have reached out. It is a very common issue with your TVs. 

Can I PLEASE get the firmware for this tv?? Customer service at Sharp is non existent. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for acknowledging our response, and we appreciate you for keeping us posted, @Antx227 

In this time being, if you're not able to perform a complete and total reset to your Roku TV, we recommend performing it. Kindly be advised that a factory reset clears the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to a factory default configuration. Specifically, the process will: Erase your personal preferences. Unlink your device from your Roku account.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Locate the physical pinhole reset button on the back of your TV. 
  2. Once you locate the button, use a paperclip and press and hold it for about 30-60 seconds.
  3. Wait for the Roku TV to reboot.

Please keep us posted on how this works.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Antx227
Channel Surfer

I did all of the troubleshooting already. I held that thing down for about an hour! It just keeps doing the loop. I've read through so many posts online and tried it all. 

Can you PLEASE just send me the firmware???? I'm literally at a point where I'm going to bring this Roku TV to the junkyard and just take the loss. Never again smh....

All I'm asking for is the firmware Roku. Please let me try that so I can stop bothering support.

0 Kudos