Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Firmware needed for my Sharp lc-58q737ou

@Antx227, is there some reason you can't get it from the link I posted?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Antx227
Channel Surfer

@renojim 

The TV is in a boot loop. There is no way for me to get into settings. The TV turns on shows the logo and then shuts off and turns off again. It will constantly do that for however long you have it plugged in. 

0 Kudos
renojim

@Antx227, what does that have to do with downloading the firmware?  You need the model number that I gave you and the serial number that's displayed in your Roku account at https://my.roku.com.  If you're looking for something else, then I doubt whatever you're looking for is available.  I don't think it would do you any good anyway if it's in some kind of boot loop.  It probably wouldn't get to the point where it tries to read it from the flash drive.  The TV probably needs to have one of its circuit boards replaced.

0 Kudos
Antx227
Channel Surfer

@renojim 

Because don't I need to get into settings to get the hardware number?? If you can let me know how I can get the hardware number then that would be great. That link won't let me get to the next step without that information. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Appreciate your help. 

0 Kudos
Antx227
Channel Surfer

I know there are a lot of consumers looking for the same resolution. Is there anyone at Roku that can help?? I just want to get the firmware... Not sure why its so hard to get. Customer service is non existent. 

My recommendation to anyone that is coming across this thread looking to try and fix their boot loop is to spend a little more and get a name brand TV. A brand that offers support and hardware that will last longer than 2 years. If I don't hear from customer support this **bleep** is going to the dump. Never again...

@renojim @RokuTakashi @RokuArjiemar @RokuERey 

0 Kudos
renojim

Reposting from earlier, "I think they changed the wording from "model number" to something else, but I believe for that TV it's 7235X."

Apparently they changed the wording to "hardware number".  That's the best I can do for you.  I could download it myself from that link, but I think that would be frowned upon especially when you have, and have had, everything you need.