Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roberta591
Reel Rookie

Re: channel guide stopped working

Jump to solution

I worked on this issue for about 4 hours before I concluded it was a Roku issue. Tried to call Roku 2/26/2021 at 8 AM and got the message they aren't taking calls. So I called the manufacturer of my TVs (that's plural) which is TCL and submitted a trouble ticket. My guide is about 75% populated now. Maybe my next TV will be a Linux based set instead of Roku. I'm thinking if a station can (must) transmit OTA they ought to stream the broadcast also. Roku could at least posted they were aware of the problem and are working on it but you know that's asking a lot. This is what happens when you buy a TV that is dependent on another product to work.

Altpsych1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I apparently spoke too soon.

only part of the guide is up and running.  Probably 60% on my tv. Grrr.

0 Kudos
nnyllorac
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The antenna channel guide has now repopulated 99.9% - apparently I have to wait until 7pm today before the last channel updates (Buzzer on OTA). Last night I had a couple of stations with data, this morning seems most had restored.

I’m no software technician & I don’t claim to know anything about what it takes to bring all this together BUT it’s odd that it disappeared in one fail swoop & restores bit by bit.

Anyway, solved for now.

Altpsych1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Most of the stations on the guide are up and running. Saturday morning. 2/27/21,

again, Roku when something with your systems causes a problem post a single line note there is a glitch you’re aware of and are working on it.

Customers would be happy to know you know and not pull their hair out wondering if it’s them or you.

we will be loyal to you if you are loyal to us.  Pretty simple.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.
We believe this issue has been resolved. If you are still experiencing an issue, please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing so we can investigate further.
Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
Tlb1972
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just had to do a Factory reset and now my TV is working again

0 Kudos
tclisjunk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku updated the software in January and I lost the program guide and the ability to set Favorite channels. TCL support is junk, I'm telling everyone to buy VISIO

0 Kudos
tclisjunk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mary look up case US01202110610 the problem is NOT fixed

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@tclisjunk

Thanks for the post.

The issue that customers were reporting has since been resolved. Have you made sure you are running the current OS on your Roku? We would recommend checking for a manual update on your Roku TV. For more information about how to check for an update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

-screenshot of the issue you are experiencing so we can understand what you are seeing

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tclisjunk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Channel guide still says "No Data Available" and I have confirmed the TV is on the wireless networking because I can stream. I also can not program Favorite Channels. 

Roku TV brand = TCL 7132X

Model = 55S421
serial number = YN00XN158787
device ID = J5994X158787
software OS/version = 9.4.0  Build 4200-30

Please help me

Tags (1)
0 Kudos