Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glend123
Channel Surfer

Re: channel guide stopped working

Jump to solution

My channel guide is also incomplete.  sometimes some of the channels show "no Data".  Seems pretty random.

Also, the Favorites are long gone,  don't bother troubleshooting this. Roku removed them for some mysterious reason.

0 Kudos
tclisjunk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I post my info but never heard back from Danny-R or Roku ?

0 Kudos
Harvini
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@tclisjunk wrote:

I post my info but never heard back from Danny-R or Roku ?

That's actually not surprising.  While the Roku personnel will appear from time to time and demand technical details from you about your set, they NEVER actually provide any technical information or solutions to the issues which are under their purview.

I will say it again.  The Roku personnel provide no useful information on correcting the technical issues under their purview.  Except for "Contact the manufacturer", or, repeating some reset procedures which were already posted by users, they actually provide nothing of value to this forum.

VegasStreamer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This has now happened here.  Yesterday the channel guide stopped working.  Just says "Loading Data."

Since the Guide comes via the Roku Channel, I checked the Roku Channel.  The app launches, but nothing ever loads. 

Tried all of the posted "fixes" including deleting the Roku Channel, restarting the TV and then adding it back.  Simply does not work.

Gave feedback from the option listed on the TV for the channel. 

Quite frustrating.

0 Kudos
VegasStreamer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

And magically, it's all back. 

In the interim, I changed zip codes to another city and then changed them back.  After that I could see channel numbers on the guide, but not data.

A few hours later I had information on streaming live TV channels but no OTA channels.  I switched the setting to hide the streaming channels and then the OTA channels populated with data.

I feel pretty sure it's nothing I did, but something that was resolved with problems with the Roku Channel, which as I understand it is the source of the guide information.

0 Kudos
RimikeB

Jump to solution

I had the same problem it appears to be an update that defaulted my TV to use control by mobile apps.

This fixed mine:

Go to settings

System

Advanced system settings 

Control by mobile apps

Set Network access to disabled 

Agooser26

Jump to solution

Mine did the same thing and I was so frustrated. I believe it happened right after a software update on the TV too... so I tried everything, even going back to factory set up and different wifi... I finally tried changing the zip code to a bigger city... and just like that it worked! For me it worked for hickory,nc zip code 28601. Hope this helps you 😉 and anyone else trying to fix this issue.