Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djfonse
Binge Watcher

auto turn off error (AOC Smart TV)

Hello, I recently bought 2 Roku AOC smart TV. Everything is fine, except for one feature that is not well implemented.
I mean the auto power off function.
This function must be permanent when it is configured, that is, it must be configured once and stay that way permanently after it is configured once. That is so on all smart and no smart TVs.

For example, when I go to sleep, currently I have to configure the auto turn off every night, and if I forget, the TV stays on until all the night the next day. I have other televisions from another brands in which they have set the auto turn off for 2 hours a long time ago for the only one time configured, and we leave it on and we already know that after 2 hours they will turn off. its no necesary configure manually each time the tv is on.

ROKU AOC model 43s5195 hardware id 8309X software version 11.5.0 compilation 4312-AG

Im waiting for a answer for this error

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
djfonse
Binge Watcher

Re: auto turn off error (AOC Smart TV)

I NEED ANY RESPONSE FOR THIS DISGUSTING SYSTEM/FIREWARE/OS ERROR

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I'll give you a response, but you're not going to like it.  I've never had a TV from any manufacturer that had anything other than a sleep function.  Calling it a "DISGUSTING SYSTEM/FIREWARE [sic]/OS ERROR" is a bit absurd.  At most it's a missing feature.

Yelling is not likely to get you a better response.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
djfonse
Binge Watcher

ok a fan answer whitout solution.

I need a solution.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@djfonse, call me whatever you want, but no one bashes Roku harder than me.  Some "problems" don't have a solution.  There's a place for suggestions, but all I can say is don't hold your breath.

Suggest a Feature | Roku Community | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
djfonse
Binge Watcher

I need a fix for this problem

0 Kudos
djfonse
Binge Watcher

im waiting for a fix to this feature............

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @djfonse

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

You can use a sleep timer to power off the screen on your Roku TV after a designated amount of time. Have you tried setting up the sleep timer on your Roku TV? 

We have four different ways to set this up on your Roku TV. To learn more visit this support page for detailed instructions: How to use a sleep timer to turn off your Roku TV

Does this help the issue you are seeing? Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
djfonse
Binge Watcher

The link dont open.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@djfonse

Thanks for following up. 

Do you receive an error message or code? Have you tried opening the link in another browser or on a private browser? 

Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos