Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlux63
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube going to black screen

Jump to solution

This is what Mr James said to try and it worked for me.

"disable "1 touch play" in Settings/System/Control other devices"

0 Kudos
Morninmel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

disable "1 touch play" in Settings/System/Control other devices

0 Kudos
Dargis49
Streaming Star

YouTube videos keep starting with black screen

Jump to solution
  • YouTube videos on TCL 55 inch Series 6 videos on YouTube keep starting with a black screen with only audio. Happens every couple of hours until TV restart. This is getting very annoying. Please fix.
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube videos keep starting with black screen

Jump to solution

Hi @Dargis49,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the YouTube channel. We're happy to assist you further. Please follow these troubleshooting steps below:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, power, and system restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

Let us know how it works, and we'll continue to assist you further.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aighalo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

yes, I have been having the same issues. Even when I reset the Roku, uninstall and reinstall Youtube it still shows the black screen, which pops up on and off. It's beyond annoying. This is a new Roku 4k stick, my express was working better than this.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @aighalo,

We're thrilled to have you join us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for contacting us regarding YouTube. We are glad to help you.

• Does the issue occur on only this channel, multiple channels, or all channels?
  • Is this the first time you have experienced this issue?
  • Does this occur during TV show/movie playback, during Ads, etc.?
  • Specific movie or TV show (season & episode) example that the issue occurs on?

Please keep us informed about any updates, and we'll be happy to help you further. We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aighalo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
  • This issue only occurs on the regular YouTube channel. Other than that on other apps the Roku will randomly pause the stream, and I will have to hit play to resume sometime.
  • I have experienced this ever since I got the new Roku 4k Stick, so since November. This did not occur with my older Roku Express.
  • This randomly occurs all the time. On the main page of Youtube, During ads, during streams, etc. It happens by just being on the YouTube app.
  • I wish I could just send you a recording of it so you will see and understand what I'm talking about
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @aighalo,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. We understand that you're having issues with the YouTube app. We're here to assist.

Could you try the following steps to resolve the issue?

• Remove the channel >> Restart the device >> Add channel.
  • Restart router
  • Connect your device to a mobile hotspot just to check for differences in the streaming experience.

If the abovementioned steps did not help with the issue, please provide us with the following details so our appropriate team can check it:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.
  • YouTube app version

Please ensure that the details you share are complete and precise, as our Roku engineers need them to further investigate this issue.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
michael208

Jump to solution

This fixed my problem

0 Kudos
Dargis49
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Same here. Ads play fine on YouTube but when it goes back to the video I'm watching it's black. Happens 75% of the time I start a video or after an ad