Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zaponline
Reel Rookie

Re: Wireless MAC all zeros after firmware update reboot

@RokuDanny-R 

How come you didn't respond to my problem, I posted last week? I have the Roku Express + 3910RW, as stated above.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Zaponline

Thanks for the post.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express/Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tensei

Please help meee, Idk what to do anymore   @RokuDanny-R 

TV Brand and Model
INSIGNIA ROKU TV C507x
PTV50RCG70BL4K

SERIAL NUMBER:
X00000X8U6FY

DEVICE ID:
S03M5008U6FY

OS VER/BUILD:
9.4.2 | 4137-C7

SUMMARY:
TV stopped connecting to the wifi (other devices work just fine). Have reset the tv twice , had the basic turn on/off for both tv and router (no luck), reset factory but TV continues to show wireless MAC all zeros.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Tensei

Thanks for the post.

This appears to be a hardware issue that your Roku TV manufacturer will need to assist you with.

Have you tried contacting Insignia support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://www.insigniaproducts.com/contact-us or at 1-877-467-4289.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

-TV Brand and Model Roku element tv
-Serial Number YN00FW392654
-Device ID L9898f392654
-OS ver/build 10.5.0 build 4198-80
-summary of the issue you are experiencing and when this started to occur: about two weeks ago my Roku TV disconnected from the Internet and will not locate any other wireless connections. I went to the Mac address and it’s all zeros. Please help

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kaelacromer

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting Element support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://www.elementelectronics.com/support/get-help/ or at 1-888-842-3577.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rirawh

Danny,

Do you have contqct info for TCL?   I am having the same issue with all 0s for the Mac address and need to find out what to do to get my wifi connected again.

Thanks

0 Kudos
vaxen27

Roku TV Wireless MAC all zeros, Unable to connect via WIFI

I turned on my Hisense tv about a week ago and realized that I was unable to connect via Wi-Fi. The  MAC is 00:00:00:00:00:00. I tried to do a connection reset, a factory reset, and even an update with a USB. I am able to connect it with a wired connection, but the room I have the TV does not have anywhere for me to plug it in.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wireless MAC all zeros, Unable to connect via WIFI

@vaxen27 

MAC address of all zeros usually indicates a failure of the NIC card (wireless network chip).  The ethernet connection you mentioned would allow you to get back up and running using the wired connection.  If you have access to the router, you can either move the router closer to the TV and run a short ethernet cable between the two, or a long ethernet cable back to your router from the TV, and plug it into an available LAN port on the router.

All RokuTv warranty are handled through the manufacturer of TV, not Roku, unfortunately.  1 year for US, 2 year for UK.  It has been reported that this is normally a grounding issue with these cards so some soldering is required to reaffix the card connection from within the TV.  

If under warranty, try contacting Hisense.  https://www.hisense-usa.com/support

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Nneisz94

Tv brand. Philips RoKu Tv

Roku tv:8624X

Philips Model: 32PFL4664/F7

Serial Number: YK00GK46479

Software version: 10:5.0 -build 4210-63 

Device ID: K9700G464798. 
plesse please help after update MAC ADDRESS IS 00:00:00:00:00:00 my email Leslie.mullins37@gmail.com

0 Kudos