Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tavery
Channel Surfer

Re: Wireless MAC all zeros after firmware update reboot

Haven't heard anything, still broken here.

0 Kudos
tonster

TLC  55S432

Model 7131X

Serial: YN0083596634

Software Version: 9.3.0 build 4194-30

Device ID: J49898598634

TV has auto updated and zero out the MAC address for wireless while wired is still work.

where can i get previous firmware to roll back?

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
murdstone
Reel Rookie

Same issue here.  My son's 1st TV he won it at a work party - we have Wi-Fi all through the house.  Initial setup let me see the Wi-Fi and add the network - then it automatically updated, rebooted, and Wi-Fi MAC address went to all 00:00:00:00.....

Please, please, please tell me we do not have to open the TV and solder per this link I found.

https://www.instructables.com/Fix-Bad-Mac-Address-on-ROKU-TV/

Here's the specs on our TV

Roku TV C107X

TCL model 43S423

Software 9.3.0 build 4194-93

Uptime 1 minute

Device ID S038T9ALSTR4

Hard wire Ethernet works fine - wireless - wiped out.

Wireless MAC address 00:00:00:00:00:00

IMG_0423.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@murdstone 

Thanks for your patience regarding the issue you reported experiencing with your Roku TV MAC address showing zeros.

We would now recommend trying to perform a manual update by using an ethernet cable and seeing if the issue is now resolved. For more information about how to check for an update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
murdstone
Reel Rookie

Well DannyR!  You are my hero!  No soldering needed!  That Roku update worked!!!!

Hip hip hooray!!!!

Thank you sir!

Happy Halloween!!!!

0 Kudos
Tavery
Channel Surfer

Checked this morning. Software version 9.3.0, Build 4194, still all zeroes. 

What's extra concerning, if you're like me and research this stuff a bit, is that this problem has been happening to people for years, and it usually happens to them again after they get it "fixed" originally. It makes you really question the QA process of the Roku Software Development Team. At the time of purchase, and the week that my wireless worked, I was really happy with the TV... However, this will be the last Roku product that I will own at this point.

Rudgey

So I was getting the same issue. The first time it happened i had to do a factory reset. The 2nd time I took the tv to my ethernet location, plugged it in and the wireless mac address was back. Took it back to where it's supposed to be and the mac address remained all the 0's. The only difference was I had a USB device in the back... took this out and boom, the mac address returned to normal. Plugged the usb back in and all ok again.

0 Kudos
shelbybaun
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R  how do I message you? I need help with my roku tv. Its not connecting wireless.  And the mac address is all o. It connects fine with ethernet though.  We have factory reset it, updated it. Idk what else to do. Waiting for a tech to call back. I've been calling for 3 days now. 

0 Kudos
Tavery
Channel Surfer

Just did a manual system update check. Software version 9.4.0 build 4187-94 has fixed my wifi issue.

0 Kudos
OlePineapple
Channel Surfer

I was put on the list to downgrade to the previous version and cant even download that with an ethernet cable.  Download gets to about 92% than fails with error 008.

Can't get any response from support staff anymore

0 Kudos