Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
williasp
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TV Suddenly Unable to Connect to Network

Jump to solution

@emilyann_tx 

So far, it looks like factory reset is the only thing that has worked for several posters.  I'm going on four days now with no connection issues.  I'm hoping that continues.  I was skeptical but figured I would give it a try.

RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV |Network Connection Issues After OS Update

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users,

Thank you for bringing the connectivity issue with Roku TV to our attention and for providing the necessary information. We sincerely apologize for the delay in resolving this matter.

Update: 7/11 Underinvestigation

We want to assure you that our team is actively investigating the issue where Roku TVs are unable to connect following a recent update. We are closely monitoring the discussions on this thread and prioritizing a swift resolution.

We understand the inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience as we work diligently to address the issue. Please stay tuned for further updates.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mokesl6

Wired Connection not working on multiple TVs

Jump to solution

I have Xfinity and have 4 Roku TVs in the house. Starting this morning all 3 of the TVs with wired connections stopped working and won't even connect using the wireless connection now. The 3 TVs see the wireless network, just refuse to connect. However the 1 TV that was connected wireless has no issues. We have numerous other devices connected both wireless and wired that are not having issues - computers, phones, etc...

I haven't had a chance to reboot the router (due to work and then wife's raid night in WoW) to see if that makes a difference, but restarting the TVs makes none.

Anyone else experience this today?

0 Kudos
Jibun-no-Kage
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku TVs will not power up via API commands sent via Ethernet?

Jump to solution

TCL Roku TVs will not power up via API commands sent via Ethernet? WiFi is works fine once TV is turned on via remote. Internet works fine once TV is turned on via remote. Wired connectivity works fine once TV is turned on via remote. The issue is, once the TV is turned off, after an extended period of time, typically about 15 minutes or so.

The TCL Roku TVs we have, we have several in our facility, will not respond via the API via Ethernet, either wired or WiFI connection. The TVs just drop off the network, and can not be pinged. This is happening to ALL of the TVs. So this is clearly a software issue. How do we get this fixed?

We need this command and control via Ethernet, because we have a large facility, and we cannot have some one walk around each morning with a stupid remote control turning all of them on. Clearly turning on the TVs work is via the API over Ethernet is a supported function of the device/product, but clearly it needs a software update to address this bug? How do we get this addressed?

LG TVs have the same basic issue, however, their software (WebOS) allows for the send of a "Wake On LAN" packet to the network interface, that wakes the TV up, so that it powers on, and re-initializes the network interface, so in a few seconds the entire TCP/IP stack on the LG TV is functional.  LG TVs power down the Ethernet and WiFi connection when in sleep mode or power off... but do respond to the Wake on LAN packet, in appears that TCL Roku TVs need to implement the same solution!

This is NOT a case where our network is dropping the connection, wired or WiFi, I have setup a monitor and pinged ALL of the TVs, and they return a ping until the TCL Roku TV, after turned off (any method) simply STOPS communicating via Ethernet port or WiFi connection, this happens at the TV end.  Watching the network traffic, it is the TV that is dropping the connection, NOT our network.

0 Kudos
williasp
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TV Suddenly Unable to Connect to Network

Jump to solution

Further to my post of July 7, my Phillips Roku TV has connected every day since I did the factory reset.  Fingers crossed this continues.

0 Kudos
Tlc2021
Reel Rookie

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue! My WiFi is fine. We unplug the tv and plug it back in and it connects fine 

0 Kudos
TM_I
Binge Watcher

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

I did that for a while. When I reached out to my isp they didn't offer much help.  I switched my ISP to fiber optics and I haven't had any issues since!  I did try hard wiring it for a while and that worked as well, but I needed the cable for work and didn't like switching it back and forth so it was only a temporary solution.  You might want to try and extender, it could also help.

0 Kudos
Tlc2021
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have fiber, my other tv further away from the modem/router works fine. And it’s also an onn Roku tv. 
just doesn’t make sense. I can’t hardwire in, because my set up is in my office so i can be hardwired for work. This hasn’t been an issue in the past and we’ve had several of these tvs. 
This just started last week, So frustrating!

0 Kudos
TM_I
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That's rough, I have several roku tvs also and I've only ever had an issue with one tv.  Try an extender and see if that helps.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
raptor
Binge Watcher

TCL Roku TV WiFi Connection Problems - Will Not Stay Connected Across Power Cycles

Jump to solution

I see there are several threads with similar problems but some of my details are different so I am starting a new thread.

I have two Roku TVs that started losing their WiFi connection about 6-8 weeks ago after powering the TV off. Powering the TV on again results in a message in the upper right corner to the effect of "network not connected." When I go to "Setup Network Connection" the scan for networks function never displays any APs when it should display dozens (this is my father's apartment in a densely populated apartment complex).

I then chose the "Reset network connection" option and the TV rebooted. Now when I scan for networks I see dozens including my father's and I am able to connect and use the TV normally. When I turn the TV off and then on later, the ordeal begins again: No network connection and a reset is the only thing that will allow me to reconnect to his network.

Note that every other device on his network is functional during this time. There's no indication of any problem except with his two Roku TVs (Device type: 43" TCL Roku TV). His ISP is Optimum and the cable modem brand is Arris.

Here are some interesting observations that may help:

- When his TV entered a locked-out WiFi state I took the TV to my home where the APs are made by Ubiquiti. Without resetting the network connection, I tried to use the "Connect to Network" function and the TV did exactly what it did at his location: It showed no available APs and just kept scanning for a long time. If I then reset the network connection, my APs all display immediately and I connect without any problem. The TV continues to work reliably across power-on/off cycles.

- This appears to be a strange interaction between the Arris WiFi cable modem and the Roku TV. Arris may be at fault for triggering the problem, but why is the Roku device letting itself get permanently trapped in a state where its WiFi function won't connect to ANYTHING including a new AP?

- His other RokuTV is branded as Westinghouse and is a year older. Both of them behave exactly the same way.

- His Arris WiFi cable modem is located no more than 20 feet from each TV. Signal strength is high and as I said every other device works flawlessly including excellent bandwidth on speed tests. The modem has been power-cycles several times during debugging and that never changes anything written above.

These TVs don't have wired Ethernet so I can't use that as workaround. He's 81 years old and not capable of keying in his WiFi password every time he wants to watch TV. He also can't remember to never turn the TV off. He's driving me nuts with no understanding of how long it takes to fix technology problems! 😀 Please help! 

Since I have to go to my father's apartment to work on this issue, please let me know what additional information you'd like and I'll reply with it in a few days.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.