Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why does my Roku TV keep losing sound?

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue!  I thought it was my TV or my soundbar so I bought a new TV AND  new soundbar.  It happened again.  Thought it was a lemon of a TV because it was glitching/buffering as well.  So I got a replacement.  The new Sony 950, I think it is.  Same issue!  Buffering is definitely much better.  But sound seems worse on the new TV!  So weird.  All channels. 

I'm thinking back to what was different when I first started having this issue back in April, May, maybe June, and it dawned on me that it was Roku!  So now I'm looking it up and, sure enough, other people are having the same issue.  What the heck??

System shouldn't need a reboot.  I've had three TVs with the same issue!!!  Nice Sonos soundbar.  I don't think it's either the TV or the soundbar.

0 Kudos
Curvman

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Any update on this.  My 65" Series 6 is completely useless at this point no matter what channel or what input I use.  The sound will work sporadically but keeps cutting out.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Curvman 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As stated in my previous post, if you are experience a loss of audio from your Roku TV, please try the following:

1) Restart your TV through Settings > System > Power > System Restart

2) Numerous customers reported that unplugging your TV for 5-10 minutes then plugging it back in resolved their issue.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing after both of the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model number
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-what are you doing when you lose sound?
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have that information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ash92

Jump to solution

Im having the same problem. I tried doing a system restart but that only fixes the problem temporarily.  I having to restart the system at least once a day.

0 Kudos
Rand

Jump to solution

I did the system reset also. Worked about three days. I am having the same problem again. Losing sound, both thru cable and streaming. I noted quite a few posts with the same problem that started about a week ago. Makes me wonder if there was a buggy software update. My last update was 9/27. Right after that is when my problem started. 

0 Kudos
ShannonMullins
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Wake from stand by using remote, turn power button off and on, then it should work. I was having to restart each time, if you're using Roku mobile app turn on fast restart option then power off and, on it solved same problem for me. Use the fast restart option to stay connected over night because because sometimes you have repair it similar to Bluetooth it. Brief summary use Roku mobile app to wake tv from stand by, then select fast restart then select power off ,and on, it better than resetting tv

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. I tried doing a system restart but that only fixes the problem temporarily.  I having to restart the system at least once a day.  Roku needs to get this issue corrected.   There are many other products available that I will be looking at to replace my Roku.

ShannonMullins
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Using, Roku mobile app, turn off, on audio guide, narrator, then power off,on tv phone remote on, app,it works for me, reminder use the fast restart feature to keep phone , connected over night!!!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

How do I turn on the fast restart feature?

0 Kudos
Tee3

Jump to solution

My TV loses the sound when playing the ads and I have to go and reset it every time a ad comes on. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.