Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhelie
Reel Rookie

Re: Why does my Roku TV keep losing sound?

Jump to solution

I have tested with Crave. Netflix, and on one of the HDMI and on TV Speakers and Optical.

Sometimes it can take 30 minutes before you get the issue other times it is just a few minutes.

The first time my wife noticed it, the sound was changing (lower/higer) by itself. The sound can go off a second or a few seconds and comes back intermittently.

I checked and I am at the latest firwmare version (May 2022).

Help!

Robert

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rhelie

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mustangv12

Jump to solution

Please provide specifics on the SYSTEM restart... What System?  Are you speaking of my WiFi System or is there a Roku System somewhere?  

0 Kudos
rhelie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

All is fine now. 

I had 2 issues that popped at the same time. First one was my WiFi, I fine tuned it and upgraded the firmware of the router/AP and that solvethat.

The second was my Sonos soundbar that kept losing network intermittently, I moved it from wired to WiFi and it has been good since then.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
Cwnidog

Jump to solution

A system reset provides only a temporary solution. Sooner or later you will lose sound and need another reset. 

lsnkrn

Jump to solution

I lose sound when I switch to Dish Network (Live TV via Antenna In input).  I have to restart the system to get the sound back for other apps.  I have the Audio Output set to TV speakers instead of Auto.  Please help - it's annoying to have to restart all the time!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same as me, doesn't matter what app. System restart did not work, unplugging and replugging works for less than 60 seconds

JDB57

Jump to solution

Danny,

You have been saying the same thing since 2020. Evidently there isn't a fix to this problem. I have done both restarts. Have unplugged Roku tv for a couple of days. Checked for updates. Did the press home button 5 times followed by the up button followed by twice pressing the back button followed by pressing the forward button twice. All these "remedies" have been temporary fixes. Roku needs to step up.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users.

Thanks for the posts.

In order for us to investigate the issue further, can you please provide more specific details about what you are experiencing?

-are there any external audio devices in your home setup
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-exact steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator