Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mae77
Reel Rookie

Re: Why did all my apps suddenly shrink?

Went to my Roku this morning and the apps are big again. 

Thanks everyone ☺️ 

Grandma-S

• Here we go again First it was the SEARCH BAR move, bad enough Someone at a Company / Corporation who likes to tweak things ! for their own pleasure I suppose !

What about us ?! APPS to shrink or not should be a personal choice You never asked 

You shrunk them !!!! It’s hideous and ugly and rude and extremely harder to see   So please correct it Thanks

10/11/23

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Grandma-S,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We would like to take a closer look into this inquiry that you have, but we will need more details. When did you first notice this change? What software version are you using right now? You can check the software version by going to settings, system, and about. In addition, could you give us a picture?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
robot-boy
Binge Watcher

John, who is the Community Moderator, apparently you do not use the Roku OS. And you are not reading any of the complaints. The issue is the result of the latest updates and changes to the Roku menu. Instead of having three apps across, Roku changed it to four. In order to accomplish this Roku had to make the apps smaller. Us seniors and vision impaired people would like to have a handicap option to choose to go back to the old menu layout. This results in larger apps. If I sound a little irritated, I am. It seems you cannot get an official response from Roku concerning these changes.

There is no spoon.
BJUser

What patches were pushed to our Roku TVs or other Roku devices. I see in accepting the use of a Roku TV that new software is pushed regardless of the current situation in viewing the device. Who in the company is making these decisions for all of us. I too am very near sighted from the eye surgery I had last year and need the bigger app boxes on the menu. Was my Roku device hacked?  

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @BJUser 

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for flagging this issue to us, and we'd like to gather more details. Can we please have an image of your Roku channel tile list referring to the small channel icons? Also, when did you first notice this issue start to occur?

With more details, the best we can assist given in this situation.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
robot-boy
Binge Watcher

Why does anyone need to give you any details when it was the Roku that caused it in the first place. There is plenty of info in all of the complaints.

There is no spoon.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@RokuTakashi-

You need a screen shot to understand a row of 3 standard sized channel tiles being replaced by 4 smaller and thus harder to read channel tiles?  Especially when the forums are already filled with other complaints about the same thing - some of which already contain screen shots? 

Are forum moderators really that unfamiliar with the changes being pushed out to your users, and completely oblivious to the myriads of complaints already posted?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
mmfunk2001
Reel Rookie

I too have had this happen.  I have tried what others have suggested but nothing is working.  I need to have the larger home tiles.  These smaller ones do not work for someone with sight problems.  Please go back to the original tile size.

0 Kudos
gregbutler_20
Reel Rookie

According to the thread in the streaming devices section, they received an update with the option to switch the icon size back, but the TVs have not. I guess we didn't complain enough.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.