Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hayhay420
Channel Surfer

Tv shuts on and off when on hdmi

I just bought my tv, a Philips 40" Class FHD (1080p) Roku Smart LED TV (40PFL6533/F7) (copied which one directly from Walmart where I bought it) back on Thursday, and even I try to play my ps5, the hdmi shuts off in the middle of things which is very frustrating (it’ll go to the screen where it says what it is and asks “is it connected?”).  It’s plugged into hdmi 1.  Same with my Nintendo Switch on hdmi 3.  The only one that works like it’s supposed to is hdmi 2, in which my Xbox is connected.  I’m just trying to find out why it keeps disconnecting on 2 of my 3 hdmi ports.  Everything else works great, I even checked my hdmi cords and they’re fully plugged in- not loose, not broken or anything.  Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tv shuts on and off when on hdmi

Hi @hayhay420,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the Roku TV. We're happy to assist you. Please try to restart your Roku TV by going to settings, system, power, and system restart.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hayhay420
Channel Surfer

@RokuJohnB It’s still doing the same thing, but worse now.  I’ve even tried to factory reset my tv earlier when with Roku Support Chat like the lady asked, but it didn’t work either.  I don’t understand how a brand new tv can not work when purchased.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@hayhay420,

Thanks for the update. This case is likely related to a hardware problem. We'd recommend getting in touch with the TV manufacturer support team for further assistance about this.

Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can contact them here: ContactUS or at 1-866-309-5962

Let us know if they're able to resolve this for you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hayhay420
Channel Surfer

@RokuERey @RokuJohnB 

upon further inspection, if I move my Xbox (which works on hdmi 2 perfect) to both hdmi 1 and hdmi 3 (the ones not working with my ps5 and Nintendo Switch Oled) they start working perfectly fine.  Could it be something to do with my ps5 and Switch?  Because with them working with the Xbox, I’m starting to think it may not be the tv?

edit: Nintendo Switch works on the Xbox hdmi on all 3 hdmi ports.  I’ve figured out at least for it, it’s just the hdmi.  Ps5 doesn’t work on the Xbox hdmi or any ports still.  It’s just strange as it works on a different tv.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@hayhay420,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

This is likely due to compatibility issues. But I'll make sure to communicate this with the appropriate Roku team.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hayhay420
Channel Surfer

@RokuERey  so is there anything else I could do?  This tv was made after the ps5, so you’d think it would be compatible?  Would a stronger hdmi work?  

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@hayhay420,

I would recommend trying a High-Speed HDMI cable to see if there are any differences.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hayhay420
Channel Surfer

@RokuERey So sorry for the late response, I just got a chance to check everything out again.  But I finally have it working.  

I wasn’t able to purchase another hdmi until my next pay day, but i found another solution. 

I have an hdmi extender type of thing (where you can switch between different HDMI’s on one port) so i decided to try it out.  I had to use it before as I only had one port in the past.

Upon plugging everything in to it, everything is working perfectly fine.  No disconnecting at all.

But to not have to use the extender, I will definitely try out a high speed hdmi cable upon my next pay day, if not an ultra high speed as I think my ps5 came with a default high speed hdmi.

Thank you so much for all the help you’ve given.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @hayhay420 

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad that you've managed to have a workaround regarding this issue.

We recommend trying a different High-Speed HDMI cable soon and see if things work out great.

You can always reach out to us for support, and we're here happy to help.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.