Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roosterscn
Binge Watcher

Re: Tv guide goes to recents when opening channel guide

Jump to solution

Why do y'all keep putting up this canned response? You have received the requested info from several users (including me wasting time for you) over the last 5 days and you keep asking for more? WHY?  Delaying fixing this by acting like it was caused by anything other than y'alls screwup ain't gonna fly! FIX IT ALREADY and stop putting up the canned response over and over and over...

bryank59
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Please don't insult my intelligence John B.
You can scroll through these 6+ pages of posts and comments and clearly see what the problem is.
...and you'll also see that it's clearly and solely on your end.

If you "are aware of the issue that you're experiencing." ...then why do I need to tell you more?

irishkhan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is a ROKU problem !  Whether I go to my Antenna tv icon or directy to the "The Roku Channel", then Live tv.  The Program Guide is completely scewed up & not useable.  It goes back to "Recent" no matter what. And if I go to "all channels" and scroll down and select a channel, . once I hit the left arrow to go back to the guide at that point, still its back on "Recent" again.  Also the Over the Air channels all say "No information".  Ive checked for Updates, gone thru the Power cycle, reset Network connection.  NONE OF THAT WORKS.  

irishkhan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Sibce you keep asking for info, here it is.  Device TCL Roku Tv. Model: 43S455.  Serial # XO1200LUTDNN. Device ID# SOJNH27UTDNN.  Software OS: 12.0.0 build 4190-CG.  But the problem is not unique to me.  Its EVERY ROKU USER.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @irishkhan,

Thanks for the post.

With the information you've provided us, we'll make sure to pass this along and provide an update to the appropriate Roku team, who's currently working on the issue to address this promptly. Once we hear back from them, we'll provide an update on this discussion.

Your patience and understanding are greatly valued.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bgoble31
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If our patience and understanding was appreciated, you people would fix this bone headed mistake that occurred with your update and stop asking us to waste more of our time dealing with the aftermath of this stupidity by mindlessly looking up the deets on our devices. Your brain trust apparently tried to fix something that was not broken and its come back to bite us all on the backside. Please fix this. It has been an entire week of unnecessary annoyance, frustration and waste of your customers time.

nightfisher
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

How many people are on this team?  How motivated to get his fixed?

Remember, for every 1 person that formally complains to you, there are thousands who dop not complain to you but still are mad and inconvenienced, then bad mouth your company and wont make future purchases of your products.

JC55
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hello @irishkhan:

I think I can speak for everyone in saying that we were patient for the first few days, but our patience has worn thin.

As far as addressing this in a prompt manner, it's way too late for prompt actions. 

You guys are like a bunch of fireman waiting until the house is a smoldering pile of memories before you leave the firehouse.

Just fix it and stop blowing smoke up our a&$es.

Hifi75
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Crazy idea …. Roku immediately sends out the last update before this. then rewrites the garbage update that screwed everything up. part of an update is thinking about how it actually affects people’s day to day interaction with their tv.

irishkhan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuTakashi  well, I had just replied a few moments ago that my Guide was finally back to normal with all channels visible & remembering where I was.  Only there was No Information on on my over-the-air channels. THE FIX ONLY LASTED 5 MINUTES !!  Now it defaults to "Recent" again.  Aaaaarrrgh !!!