Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moat
Streaming Star

Re: Tv guide goes to recents when opening channel guide

Jump to solution

Well, it appears Roku has addressed part of the issue(s) at least, as the guide is finally remembering our chosen category upon re-opening. But the "fix" remains of little value, as the guide is still opening with the cursor/highlight over the far-left categories column instead of where it belongs - over the channel/program currently being watched. We can only hope - fingers crossed... 🤞😬

JC55
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Very cool. Mine hasn't changed yet. Fingers crossed indeed 

SteveL1948
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine hasn't changed either so not sure what they fixed. I would think if they put a fix out it would have fixed everyones problem, we shall see.

roosterscn
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Absolutely nothing has changed on my tv-still goes to the "RECENTS" upon opening guide. Been a week of continuous aggravation with this. Interesting how y'all could screw this up in an instant but you don't seem to have the ability to fix it especially since some of your own techs have told others in this thread that it was a test-well, guess what-YOU FLUNKED! I figure these continuing messed-up updates will start costing you users-I was already looking into a new tv so this debacle will definitely make me look into alternatives to Roku.

nightfisher
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

DITTO  I wish we could put more kudos on a post just for emphasis.

AugieSeaman
Channel Surfer

TCL Roku TV OTA guide not functioning

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku TV 55C807

After a recent Roku update, the OTA live TV guide does not work properly. I used to be able to browse through the guide (eg, channel 7 up through channel 54). I could press the left button to browse through all of the channels in order, to see what was on. Now when I press left, it takes me to "recents" instead. Yes, I can then go to "all channels" from there, but then I'm taken to the beginning of the lineup, losing my place where I was in the guide.

I hope that makes sense. I assume that this is the intended behavior, but consider it to be a design flaw. Moreover, one expects a TV to behave as expected, as they have for decades - and it's frustrating to have the interface changed every couple of weeks, seemingly at pointless whim, like a tablecloth being pulled out from under your meal. 

bryank59
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Happened to me too, about 2 days ago.
Today I noticed the "Kids and Family" selection is missing too.
The channels are still there, just no selection option.

bryank59
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Roku's reply reminds me of the old internet days when support techs would always say "The problem must be on your end".

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We are aware of the issue that you're experiencing. Our appropriate Roku team is further investigating this issue that you're having. In the meantime, can you please provide the following information below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Your patience and understanding will be much appreciated, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JC55
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Really? You still think it's the TV. It doesn't matter what kind of TV anybody has. It's you! It's roku's issue.  It has nothing to do with the TV. 

I have four Roku TVs. I'm not going to send you the stats on all four TVs. It's ridiculous. Just fix it and stop wasting time with these absurd responses.

Fix it!!!!!