Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irishkhan
Binge Watcher

Re: Tv guide goes to recents when opening channel guide

Jump to solution

@JC55 I think you meant to reply to a moderator, not me ! Im just another very annoyed Roku user.  It suddenly appeared ok for me eith all channels about half hour ago, but that disappeared & it went back to the **bleep**  "Recents" within 5 minutes. 😞 

JCG75
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuERey 

Why should we be patient? You idiots broke something that didn't need to be changed. There's no excuse for something this stunningly incompetent being done in the first place. Either fix the process you have for "updates" or fire the idiot who greenlit this with obvious disdain for usability.

JCG75
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Moat Mine isn't. I'm still getting forced to Recents every single time.

JCG75
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuJohnB This is insulting. It's not something that's happening to some users or devices. It's godawful coding by whoever decided to justify their job by fixing something that wasn't broken and it's ruining the experience on literally every device. Stop the condescending, pandering nonsense and fix the issue.

JC55
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@irishkhan... Sorry for the misdirected post. It was meant for Roku Moderator.

... I also have a tv that had not been used in a few weeks and it seemed fine for a few minutes after turning on but reverted as well.

Thanks for being a part of this group of concerned users. Hopeully they actually have an experienced coder who can fix this soon.

djenney
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This does not appear to be a Roku issue.  I have 4 TCL Roku units. The TV guide started going to "recents" only on the oldest unit.  To make a long story short; none of the suggested fixes worked.  I finally fixed the issue by performing a factory reset on the problem TCL unit: Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Factory reset->Factory reset everything.

0 Kudos
SteveL1948
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I will try that because I have 3 units and all of them are doing this plus all of the many many people on here complaining about it too so hard to believe it's not a Roku issue. Maybe they have finally done something that fixed the issue if you do a factory reset but only time will tell. Thanks for the input and I will let everyone know if this factory reset works on any of mine.

nightfisher
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Actually, your statement that it is not a ROKU issue, is actually incorrect even under your described situation.  ROKU made a deal with that TV manufacturer, the channel guides initially worked as they should, for more than a year.  Then they stopped working properly.  It is a ROKU issue.

I do think both of mine are TCL units from Walmart as well, but I am not doing a factory reset until ROKU tells us this is the fix.  I assume all passwords and streaming services and favorites will all have to be redone.  Maybe they can chime in here.

nightfisher
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Please report back what you find out.  I don't want to do a factory reset unless I absolutely have to.

0 Kudos
djenney
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You are correct.  A factory reset returns the set to its original state.  It will even need to be re-activated.

0 Kudos