Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveL1948
Channel Surfer

Re: Tv guide goes to recents when opening channel guide

Jump to solution

Roku, thank you for FINALLY fixing this issue!! Pleeeaaasssseee from now on DO NOT try to fix something that isn't broke!!!

Mariv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, thank you for reverting to how it was.   if it ain’t broke…there’s nothing to fix, please leave it alone. 

djenney
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Be careful or you could find yourselves with the same 'egg on your face' as Microsoft had back in the early 90's.  This was epitomized by the joke:

Q: how many MICROSOFT Techs does it take to change a light bulb?

A: What change?   We just adjusted the specs.  Darkness is now a new feature!

Vaughn63
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank You!!!!

nixo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

>>Austin Moderator: ... "it hasn't rolled out as an official feature just yet"? WTH? Roku appears just to have fixed what was a major train wreck of an absolutely moronic technical snafu, the error was _intentional_ AND it's still under consideration?

Absolutely unbelievable; _every single_ comment in response to the issue in multiple threads was either laying out that recent Live Channel Guide was a problem; earnestly trying to help fix it; or hopping mad-pissed off--with some users asking _on this platform_ for advice on alternatives to Roku devices/systems on the market. 

Unless user options are an inherent part of this possible change, and the former, just now apparently fixed mode of operation is the default, that would be high among the biggest, most deliberately self-injurious market share loser decisions Roku could possibly make.

(Actually, phone customer service had intimated that the recent Guide nightmare was a test when I called to trouble shoot the issue 3 weeks ago. I just didn't believe them, as that being a deliberate choice for Roku just sounded so inane and incomprehensible.)

Worst feeble brain fart _ever_. Get a real job suited to your level of misqualification, oh "self-declared genius" product development team. But pls don't impose your half-baked "tests" on real live paying customers. 

JC55
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If I had responded to customer related issues as poorly as the Roku support team reponded to this issue, in any job I have ever had, I would have been fired last week.

It baffles me how minimal the concern has been for the end user.

How about we end users all spread the word, "testing out our new feature", directing everyone to use any platform that isn't Roku when purchasing a new tv, or choosing a new platform.

Hifi75
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Leave the program guide alone. don’t touch it, don’t ‘fix it’ don’t test anything. I think 3 weeks worth of irate, frustrated, angry comments is all the feedback you need.

bryank59
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I almost feel like making a youtube video physically showing them what is wrong and posting the link on here for them so they can go watch it.
I may just do that.
I can't believe more people aren't on here complaining though ...??
I guess a lot of folks don't use the "Live TV" feature/guide.
It used to be pretty **bleep** but now they show some pretty decent reruns and WB loaded it up with a bunch of shows too.
Here's another PITA Roku situation they should work on.... add a OTA or Antenna category where the favorites, crime, movies, etc... categories are.
They keep the ota/antenna and stream channels separate on the guide, yet there's no category for ota/antenna ...??
To get to my OTA stations I keep one kid/family channel on the guide, I go to kid/family in category section, hit right to go to the one channel I have open and hit down and I'm at the top of my antenna channel guide.
Here I thought Roku would have their act together when I decided to switch to streaming from DTV ...???

0 Kudos
AugieSeaman
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL Roku TV OTA guide not functioning

Jump to solution

This has been fixed, on my TCL at least. I still think the AllChannels/Favorites/Recents should be in separate buckets - that is, if I want to scroll through All Channels, the Recents & Favorites shouldn't be inserted between the last & first channels of the All Channels guide. This just makes it annoying to try to scroll through All Channels. If I want to see my Recents or Favorites, the behavior should be that I press left button twice, and select one of those buckets, where I should then see those channels only: not jumbled in with All Channels. Hope that makes sense - thanks for fixing the main issue, at least! 

Suzymcinn

Jump to solution

This awful and I hate it! At least give the option to opt out

0 Kudos