Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tv guide goes to recents when opening channel guide

Jump to solution

Hi @Curtis_C_Flush @JC55,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Please be advised that the information @RokuJechealR given above will be required in order for our appropriate Roku team to look into your issue further.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Vaughn63,

Thank you for updating us!

Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
JC55
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I understand that it's your normal process, but since others have already submitted theirs, I'm not going to bother taking the time to do so. When you fix their issue you'll be fixing mine as well. Thank you for your time

Moat
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Vaughn63  said; "The default should be the ALL CHANNELS with the channel I'm currently watching being my starting point for surfing."

Actually, the default should be whatever channel category you were last using. If it was "All Channels", then yeah - it should open next time in "All Channels". If it was "Favorites", then it should open in "Favorites". If "Recents", or "Comedy", etc... whichever was last being used - it should always open again in that category, and always open with the white highlight/cursor on the channel currently being watched.

So simple! That particular functionality of the UI couldn't get any simpler or be any more user-friendly. How/why this has recently been broken, let alone not fully implemented in this way years ago in the first place, is simply beyond me. That is arguably the most used, most fundamental of interactions the user has with the (Live) television... 🤨 

BigJim8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Moat brings up an important point. Some time ago, the guide stopped remembering if you selected "Favorites". It would show them, and as soon as you selected a channel and then returned to the guide it had returned back to "All Channels". My workaround was to modify the "All channels" list to look like my "Favorites" by hiding channels. So I forgot about that problem. 

And then there is the clock error. The clock is almost always off any number of hours. I have to select an OTA channel from the guide to correct that problem. Unplugging the TV for 10 minutes, per the tech support recommendations, is not a permanent fix.

TCL 55P605

SOFTWARE VERSION 12.0.0 BUILD 4182-30

Vaughn63
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Good point - I don't disagree.  I guess I just always surfed within the All Channels section.  Like another poster indicated, my All Channels is essentially my favorites since I put a lot of effort into maintaining it / hiding channels.  In any regard, I hope they fix it to where it was ASAP.

JCG75
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don't care how aware you are of things. Fix it and don't screw it up again. Fire whatever idiot engineer put that change in place without an obvious way to opt out of it.

JCG75
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Nobody needs our info to fix this. It's happening across ALL ROKU TVs AND DEVICES right now.

Bend1

Jump to solution

When I want to change (WITHIN FAVORITES) channels on OTA Guide, my TCL TV now always goes to "ALL CHANNELS".  Then I have to arrow to "FAVORITES" then to the right in order to move up and down the guide on "FAVORITES".  This just starting happening last week.  How can I stop it?

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello Community Users!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (This can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Please keep us posted on what you find out and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos