Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wackowask
Channel Surfer

Re: Tv guide goes to recents when opening channel guide

Jump to solution

Just happened to me in the last week.  Did they ever tell you how to fix?

wackowask
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

wackowask
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Tags (1)
SteveL1948
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No, I looked it up and it says to hit left arrow then star and it will bring up where you can choose but doesn't work for me. Mine also just started.

SteveL1948
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update 

JC55
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just tried it too to no avail 🙁

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for calling our attention here in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that we are aware of the issue and need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Curtis_C_Flush
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuJechealR wrote:

Hi Community users,

Thanks for calling our attention here in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that we are aware of the issue and need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

All the best,

Chel

Thank you Chel

No disrespect to you at all. You are doing your job.  Your manager having this "canned response" send to pretty much every issue that arises with ROKU is insulting to our intelligence plain and simple.

As an engineer of 40 + years the coders know EXACTLY what they did and if they do not have a sandbox environment to test changes before a rollout then this is just pure incompetency on their part.

For me to gather such info at my pay scale exceeds the value of the TV IMHO.

Roku clearly does not have the end users best interest or is just totally incompetent.  Again not aimed at you for being the bearer of canned responses you did not write them I'm sure.

I will have my team make a video of this wonderful feature of not being able to change channels. We will make more then enough revenue with it to pay for state of the art GOOGLE TV's

Just tell them to fix it please it's simple 

JC55
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Chel,

I echo the sentiments given by Curtis C. Flush.

Every user on this thread has described exactly what's going on. It obviously doesn't matter what model TV we have. It's also obvious that it was caused by Roku during the last update.

Please fix ASAP.

Jim

Vaughn63
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi

I appreciate the follow-up @RokuJechealR .  I replied directly to the email - but not sure if that goes through or not; will post here as well.

This occurs on both of my Roku Tvs, which I've had for several years - and it only started happening relatively recently; probably with a recent update.  I can't describe how to recreate the issue other than to say it occurs always with all Live channels - that is - it occurs in the "Live" portal; whether I'm watching an over-the-air channel through my antenna or a live streaming channel (again, this is all through the LIVE portal). 

When I left arrow, it shows the channel guide in the RECENTS category; and it may or may not include the channel I'm currently watching.  In this case I wouldn't even be able to scroll right to see what's on the current channel later on in the evening without having to scroll who knows how far up or down to find the current channel.  What I'm expecting to see when I arrow left is the current channel in the ALL CHANNELS category - that way I see all the channels that are not hidden, where I expect to find them.  If I want to go to a specific category, or channel grouping, I know how to do that.  The default should be the ALL CHANNELS with the channel I'm currently watching being my starting point for surfing.

My zip code: 21014

Here's the requested TV information:

TV 1
TCL Model #: 43S525
Serial #: X0010071NXJA
Device ID: S043F981NXJA
Software version: 12.0.0 build 4182-93
Not sure if it's relevant, since it appears to be a coded/engineered issue on the Roku side - but nonetheless I generated a Tracker ID as instructed: JA-365-500

TV 2
TCL Model #: 55C803
Serial #: YS008S771939
Device ID: 9WF008771939
Software version: 12.0.0 build 4182-30
Tracker ID: 39-365-530