Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kclantern1984
Binge Watcher

Themes are missing! And the replacment is bad!

They seem to have been replaced by "Wallpapers & Screensavers", but many of the wallpapers and screensavers listed before in the old system are gone. And I can't find anything about this change on the blog or forums or anywhere. Even the TV itself isn't giving me any useful info. "Themes" was there just a couple of weeks ago, yet the TV insists it hasn't updated its software in over a month.

7 REPLIES 7
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Themes are missing! And the replacment is bad!

Hello! @kclantern1984,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your feedback. We're pleased to assist.

• Is this the first time you have experienced this issue? 
  • If possible, send a video or picture of the issue.

A system restart is the least invasive reset method. You can also use the instructions below to restart the system from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

In either case, your Roku device will complete a system restart and hopefully return to regular operation after a moment.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kclantern1984
Binge Watcher

I already had to restart it for another function, and it had no effect on bringing back the old themes. This doesn't look like a simple hiccup. This looks like someone redesigned the OS without warning us users. "Decaf", "Graphite", and "Nebula" wallpapers are gone, and the new layout has scrolling rows instead of columns. I don't have a way to upload pictures right now, and I have no idea how to capture video from a TV. I'm using a Hisense set with Roku built into it.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@kclantern1984,

Thanks for the updates,

We would be happy to investigate. Could you please send us a picture of what you're seeing now?

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kclantern1984
Binge Watcher

What part of "I don't have a way to upload pictures right now" is hard to understand? My own computer is in the shop right now, so I'm borrowing my mom's. And I can't hook my phone or any other camera up to it. And I don't see a way to get a screen cap from the TV itself. 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

It's not an OS update. It's sort of a 'middleware' update where they can add/remove features and alter menus. This is one that is being slowly rolled out. I have it on one of my Roku's, but not the other.

0 Kudos
kclantern1984
Binge Watcher

Well, they need to roll it back. I did not sign up to be a guinea pig, and I don't like this new layout. The old one was far better.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kclantern1984,

Thanks for keeping in touch!

We are aware that you have noticed some modifications to your Roku settings recently, and we value your feedback on this.

We'll take care of this feedback and forward it over to the concerned team for further review.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.