Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phelo

TV functions do not work (Roku Ultra 2020 with Vizio E370VP TV) Would a dead IR sensor cause this?

I’ve had this Roku ultra paired to a Panasonic TV before. We were given this Vizio TV for Christmas, with no remote. We bought a new remote, which also doesn’t work. I’ve tried to pair the roku remote several times, via CEC and IR. I have tried several different brands (Hisense, Sharp, GoldStar, LG, Samsung, Vizio, etc…) and none of them work. I have tried different HDMI ports as well. There was one point where I got it to control power on & off, but then it started glitching out and the TV screen went to static (never seen that before) I also tried using the TV remote function on the Wii U, but none of the codes provided for the brands I tried would work. I’m leaning towards a bad IR sensor, but I’ve never used Vizio before.

I’m wondering if anyone has had this issue before, and if anyone could give some insight.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV functions do not work (Roku Ultra 2020 with Vizio E370VP TV) Would a dead IR sensor cause ...

Hello! @phelo,

We're thrilled to have you with us in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

• Is your Roku Ultra up-to-date? By navigating to Settings>System>Software/System Update>Check now,.
  • Can you please check if your TV is connected to the correct TV input or source?
  • What do you see on your screen after turning on your TV?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.