Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcqcln
Reel Rookie

Roku TV keeps crashing and restarting

I noticed my Roku TV kept crashing and restarting while I’m watching Prime. I have unplugged my TV and waited, I have done system restart, I have pressed the home button five times trick, I have done a network connection restart. After doing all of this, my Roku TV continues to have the same issues of just crashing and then restarting for half an hour. Finally I did a factory reset and then it happens again while I’m setting up the Roku! I’ve linked a video to show my frustrations. I don’t know how out of nowhere I’ve suddenly got terrible issues such as this. I’ve added a video to show how bad the restarting was. Makes me want to never use Roku ever again.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gIDxfV-hT4Y?feature=share 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV keeps crashing and restarting

Hi @jcqcln,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We are happy to help with your Roku TV since it will keep restarting and crashing. Is the issue happening on all contents or channels, or is it isolated to one content or channel? (Specify) . Is your TV currently powered on and connected to a wall outlet?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Peeps48

I am having problem with my TCL Roku restarting after watching a channel for about 15 seconds and goes back to the sign on screen.  No problem with the cable input.  I have tried  reconnecting, rebooting, no improvement.  Can not watch any of the channels.

0 Kudos
beckx020

I have a tcl 43 inchroku tv. for a year it worked ok. then it started doing this same thing.freezes and reboots. I talked to tcl and we did every reset there was. even did a factory reset. So, I bought a new roku tv a JVC. first day I was watching it after I set it up, IT WAS DOING THE SAME THING. I have a small **bleep** tv that I use a roku ultra on and it never does thi.

SO... when are you going to fix this/ I'm SO mad I could spit!!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Peeps48 @beckx020

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about this kind of experience you had, and we'd like to assist. We also want to appreciate your efforts and taking the time to attempt to resolve the issue. This issue needs further investigation, and we need your help with that. Kindly provide the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel/s? If so, what channel/s and what version/build are the channel/s? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further. We hope to hear back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jcqcln
Reel Rookie

At first, we thought it was with Prime channel. Sometimes we were able to watch hours long on YouTube just fine, but other times we were experiencing the same issue. We ultimately decided to get rid of it and switch to a different brand TV.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.