Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rellimtree

Re: Channel information pop up

Yes, I use an antenna

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TV Guide driving me crazy!!!

Just an aside.  This doesn't fix anything, but can at least make it easier to live with until it does get fixed ...

You don't have to wait for the (overly large IMO) channel info bar to time out.  Hitting the OK button on your remote should remove the bar instantly.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Rellimtree 

I just received OS 11.0.0 build 4180-49 on my insignia Roku TV a couple of days ago and that annoying overlay "reminder" may have been fixed in this release. (I have not seen it since receipt of update.)

Of course, others with TCL, Onn, and Hisense are now reporting a new issue with receiving a black screen when using the up/down arrows on their remote. (need to go into Guide first before changing OTA channels).

Luckily, I haven't had that occur yet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
pdxviewer
Binge Watcher

Now...if only my TV would get the update. Smiley Happy  I know it's a staged roll out, but hopefully soon this will hit our device.  Just last night, I was browsing through the many channel listings looking for something, it was one of those nights where I couldn't figure out what to watch, so I was right in the middle of reading the description of and episode and BAM!  I was returned to the channel I stopped on, so I ended up just frustrated as it took at least 50 or so seconds before I reached the channel I was interested in only to be "Reset" as it were.

Chris36m
Binge Watcher

So far no update on my 65" Hisense I bought the TV a year ago, maybe Hisense already gave up updating it so you have to buy a new one, last update was Dec 17th to 10.5, that fixed the signal strength being 1 bar on all channels, before that everything worked fine, might be worth turning updates off once if I ever get 11

0 Kudos
Rlbreeze
Streaming Star

I finally found the problem. The NAUTICAL THEME PACK has something in it causing the problem. I tried a few others and they appear to be good. I just went back to the default.

ROKU, you need to give me some freebies for isolating this issue.

Finally i can watch tv without this irritating bug!!!!!

0 Kudos
pdxviewer
Binge Watcher

So...did you disable the Nautical Pack or just stop using it?  The reason I asked is I have not been using that in a while, and the issue persisted.  I went ahead and "Uninstalled it" by using the option to disable it?  I think that's the verbiage (Not in front of the TV at the moment.)

I gave your solution a try and my TV is still doing the same thing as I originally reported.

0 Kudos
Rlbreeze
Streaming Star

Not sure if you got my email...just changed the current them pack to the default theme pack. Make sure you change the theme pack and not just the wallpaper or sounds etc. I tried the space pack and the problem came back.

Im sticking with default....i tried JUNGLE And the problem was not in that one.

Good luck

0 Kudos
Chris36m
Binge Watcher

Ribreeze, is your Roku software at 11?, I just checked and I'm still at 10.5

0 Kudos
Rlbreeze
Streaming Star

On 10.5 build 4210-93

I have not seen the channel guide pop up all day. 

Dang i was hoping we all could get this fixed.

Not sure why its good for me now. Doesn't make sense.

Come on roku !

0 Kudos