Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TV Guide driving me crazy!!!

@pdxviewer 

I never should have responded to your posting.

My Insignia RokuTV has now caught the same illness with the reappearing info banner overlay on OTA LiveTV.  

Doesn't happen yet on my Roku Channel LiveTV though. (yet)

Also hoping OS11 may cure it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pdxviewer
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R 

Device Info:

Roku TV 7131X
TCL Model SS425
SN: YN00P3897554 (Not sure why this is needed)
Software Version:  10.5.0.0 Build 4210-30
Device ID: J4992P897554
Tracker ID: 54-126-545

Might be a few seconds before that (when I am in the guide and do the button presses, it takes me to the menu, but I have to move the cursor down once to let it accept the code)

As for what I did - simply go to Live TV, tune to a random channel like I did, wait about 1 minute and mini guide pops up.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@pdxviewer 

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pdxviewer
Binge Watcher

One More for you - this was the same day as the my data submission, I was sitting at the couch and caught this after the TV guide kicked me right back to the starting position. 

Timestamp 2022-03-29T22:36:40Z

Tracker ID: 54-126-636

0 Kudos
Rellimtree

Channel information pop up

Please remove the second program channel information pop up box. It comes up after a few minutes of watching a channel and at an inopportune time. It blocks most of the screen. It stays up for 6 to 7 seconds and requires me to grab the remote to cancel. It also cancels the guide when reviewing other programs. Not needed, not useful.

Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Channel information pop up

Are you referring to OTA channels or the Roku channel? Are you using a Roku TV?

0 Kudos
Rellimtree

The Roku channel Streaming live TV on a Roku TV

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Rellimtree 

Roku is working on a fix for this issue.  Supposedly will be addressed in a future build update somewhere in OS 11.

Yes...it is rather annoying.   (https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/TV-Guide-driving-me-crazy/td-p/7...)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Rellimtree  Do you use an antenna?

0 Kudos