Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mireilleeng
Reel Rookie

TLC Roku TV Unable to downgrade software from US key - Error 003

Hi Teams Roku,

this morning, my TV TCL-Roku can't update software from network.

My Network is working A1 ... Download speed = +- 32 MBPS / 3 MBPS for upload

I got message ( error 003)

The problem is the TV can't bypass the software update process.

I tried to update with the USB Key process (Downloaded file from your site)

Download = A1

When I try to update from the USB key ... I got this message:

*** Current software is more up-to-date. Downgrade is not allowed. Please try again. ***

TV information:

Model: 32S327

Hardware ID: 8116X

Actual Software version: 13.1.4 - Build 1510-48

************************************************************************************************************

The annoying issue is:  The TV go to the Software Update directly ... I think is not a good idea

************************************************************************************************************

I reset to facthe TV ... same problems

You will see 3 picturesIMG_1184.JPGIMG_1185.JPGIMG_1186.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TLC Roku TV Unable to downgrade software from US key - Error 003

@mireilleeng, I'm guessing that TV doesn't have an Ethernet port since the "Secret Screen" shows an Ethernet MAC address of all zeros.

So, assuming you're using a Wi-Fi connection, try restarting all of your network equipment (gateway/modem/router).  Until you see it populate the IP Address with something other than 0.0.0.0 a download will be impossible.

A factory reset should have returned you to where you set up your network connection.  What happened when it did?  There have been a few reports of the 003 error lately, so I do wonder if Roku is having server issues and none of the above applies.  The 0.0.0.0 IP Address is very suspicious, but it may just indicate that the network connection failed.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.