Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melbourne1982
Reel Rookie

Kogan 40" LED Full HD Smart Roku TV - R95T No Chromecast and No headphone slot!

Jump to solution

I just bought a Kogan 40" LED Full HD Smart Roku TV - R95T for my bedroom to replace my old samsung tv which I have had for 10 years.

I am simply gobsmacked that my old tv had way more slots to plug in things that this new tv does! 

This new tv doesn't have a slot to plug in my chromecast and doesn't have a slot to plug in my Philips wirleless FM headphone device. 

So I can't stream chromecast and I can't watch tv with headphones! 

Any advice?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Kogan 40" LED Full HD Smart Roku TV - R95T No Chromecast and No headphone slot!

Jump to solution

@Melbourne1982 

From the specs i see on their website, looks like plenty of HDMI ports (3) for your Chromecast and other HDMI devices.  

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-40-led-full-hd-smart-roku-tv-r95t-kogan/

Can add even more by adding a "HDMI switch" if you need more HDMI ports.  This will allow you to add more devices and can then toggle between them. (some have a manual switch while others come with a remote to switch between the HDMI devices).

Re:your Headphones.  Have you tried to connect them directly to the RokuTV via the built-in Bluetooth?  If your Headphones requires a USB transmitter/receiver, you can look for a 3.5mm USB adapter, or try using a 3.5mm bluetooth receiver/transmitter with your headphones. (This Kogan TV appears to also have a 3.5mm input and also built-in Bluetooth).

If you post your headphone model, can maybe look into some compatible adapter options for you.

kogan_95t.png

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Melbourne1982
Reel Rookie

Re: Kogan 40" LED Full HD Smart Roku TV - R95T No Chromecast and No headphone slot!

Jump to solution

Could the chromecast issue be solved by buying a USB to HDMI converter? or would I need to buy a HDMI to RCA converter?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Melbourne1982 

From the specs i see on their website, looks like plenty of HDMI ports (3) for your Chromecast and other HDMI devices.  

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-40-led-full-hd-smart-roku-tv-r95t-kogan/

Can add even more by adding a "HDMI switch" if you need more HDMI ports.  This will allow you to add more devices and can then toggle between them. (some have a manual switch while others come with a remote to switch between the HDMI devices).

Re:your Headphones.  Have you tried to connect them directly to the RokuTV via the built-in Bluetooth?  If your Headphones requires a USB transmitter/receiver, you can look for a 3.5mm USB adapter, or try using a 3.5mm bluetooth receiver/transmitter with your headphones. (This Kogan TV appears to also have a 3.5mm input and also built-in Bluetooth).

If you post your headphone model, can maybe look into some compatible adapter options for you.

kogan_95t.png

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Melbourne1982
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

^^ Thank you ! I found them, they are indeed under the tv rather than on the side which is why I couldn't located them when I first looked

renojim

Jump to solution

Oops!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.