Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schafNATION
Reel Rookie

Plus Series TV not updating to OS 13

Jump to solution

Recently purchased the 65” Roku plus series TV.

the current software is OS 12.5 instead of 13.0

I can understand all models not updating at the same time, but it seems like it’s been way too long.

any thoughts on why?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Plus Series TV not updating to OS 13

Jump to solution

Hi, @schafNATION 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for inquiring for support, and we're here to assist. To update your Roku TV with the latest Roku OS version, please refer to the steps below:

How to check for updates on your streaming device or Roku TV

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Software update.
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.

It will detect the latest Roku OS update on your Roku TV once these steps are performed. For more information and guidelines, kindly refer to the support article at How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Hope this information helps, and please let us know if you have any other concerns or inquries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
rumbleroast
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was able to update my TV to 13.0 by opening the secret screen (Press the Home button five times, press the Fast Forward three times, press the Rewind button twice).  The update channel was listed as beta, so I changed it to release I then chose the menu option to update which installed 13.0

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @schafNATION 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for inquiring for support, and we're here to assist. To update your Roku TV with the latest Roku OS version, please refer to the steps below:

How to check for updates on your streaming device or Roku TV

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Software update.
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.

It will detect the latest Roku OS update on your Roku TV once these steps are performed. For more information and guidelines, kindly refer to the support article at How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Hope this information helps, and please let us know if you have any other concerns or inquries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rumbleroast
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem on  50" Roku tv purchased in April.  Its running 12.5 and was never updated to 12.5.5 and it also is not receiving version 13.  I see my Roku stick (3600x) is now on version 13.1.4.  That places my new tv at 3 versions behind current.  I followed RokuTakashi's instructions for updating and there are no updates available.  I can also see the tv checks for updates daily with none available.

How can the tv be updates to a current version?

0 Kudos
schafNATION
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Coincidentally (maybe), my TV updated to OS 13.1.4 overnight. It skipped OS 13.0 entirely.

0 Kudos
rumbleroast
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was able to update my TV to 13.0 by opening the secret screen (Press the Home button five times, press the Fast Forward three times, press the Rewind button twice).  The update channel was listed as beta, so I changed it to release I then chose the menu option to update which installed 13.0

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.