Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samata

TCL television with Roku TV dropping prime video.

TCL 55R617 television with Roku TV version 11.5.0 operating system keeps dropping prime video. Prime menu has no issues, start any show and the app quits and returns to the Roku home menu. Amazon Prime account has no issues on other devices and all other streaming apps on this television are operating correctly. Any ideas to fix the issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL television with Roku TV dropping prime video.

Hi @samata 

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on Prime Video or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Prime Video and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
2023TCLUser
Reel Rookie

Had the same problem with PRIME VIDEO for past year.  ROKU support & PRIME VIDEO support could never fix the problem.  We tried everything, removing, re-adding, turning off device, etc etc.   Nothing fixed the problem, with PRIME VIDEO.  I finally gave up and just watch other channels.  Still leave it for AMAZON shopping and free delivery.  It does the exact same thing on my TCL Roku stream TV.  

0 Kudos
2023TCLUser
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL television with Roku TV dropping prime video 2023

I gave up after hours of support from Roku & AMAZON Prime support.... none of the fixes they suggest worked.  Unable to watch a PRIME VIDEO past 5 min and it jumps out....   once and while it might last longer....then jumps back to ROKU HOME.   nothing works to fix it!  

0 Kudos
2023TCLUser
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL television with Roku TV dropping prime video 2023

Only on PRIME VIDEO  - only icon it jumps back to ROKU HOME in 2 minutes into any video.  No other VIDEO channels jump back out... been on ROKU for past 10 years.  Never had problem with any other icons! 

2023TCLUser
Reel Rookie

It only happens on PRIME VIDEO ICON!  I did all the suggested above steps. Nothing helped.  I gave up....  

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @2023TCLUser,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're experiencing a channel playback issue with Prime Video. We would be more than happy to look into this issue, but we'll need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur specifically on the Prime Video channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rlbreeze
Streaming Star

I too get dropped on prime video...no others. Restarted, removed and restarted then readded. Ive had multiple other issues with over air tv and just **bleep** interface issues. Never again roku. They will never fix this. We just shouldn't watch prime right!!!! I gurantee nobody will fix this from roku. They will blame amazon. They dont have anybody looking in to it, id bet money on that. I paid good money for this tv and stuck with it for now. Its BS

0 Kudos
Spoil-d

In last two days, I have had this problem and have done all things suggested to fix it.  This Series for roku was purchased only two months ago!  I am so disappointed!  WHY can’t this be corrected?

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Spoil-d,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about the issue you ran into with your Prime video dropping. Could you provide us with more details about the problem you encountered? How are you powering your device? Is the issue happening on all contents and channels, or is this isolated to Amazon Prime Video content and channels only? Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to play content? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Warm Regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.