Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LStanley
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku TV picture quality issue

Jump to solution

I have one ultra and one express, never any issues but I have a TCL Roku TV, biggest POS ever. I've had it for awhile, the picture is awful but that's probably because my other TVs are Samsung. 

I asked Roku support about the current issues, telling me to check my network, knocking me from watching something to the home screen. Won't play half the videos on yt, support said it's yt but then wanted me to reset everything back to factory when I told him if a yt video doesn't play I go in the next room and try it in the ultra and never an issue so it can't be yt it has to be Roku. 

Nothing was resolved, every now and again I'll get an email saying the ticket will close in 3 days if I don't reply. I've replied everytime saying no resolution, issues still happening, they never replied they just stopped emailing me. 

Time to toss it all in the trash and try someone else.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV picture quality issue

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @LStanley!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. No worries! We'd be happy to suggest some steps to help you improve the image quality of your TCL Roku TV using the picture mode. 

Your Roku TV system has multiple preset picture modes that adjust the appearance of the image to suit your preferences and viewing environment. Changing the picture mode can provide enhancements, especially given the wide range of input signal types from devices like cable and satellite boxes, Blu-ray players, or game consoles and the quality of those signals.

To change picture modes, start streaming a movie or TV show or switch to the Live TV, HDMI®, or AV input where your other devices are connected.

1. Press Star (*) on your Roku® remote to open the TV Settings menu 

2. Select Picture Settings
  3. Select Picture Mode
  4. Change the picture mode using the left and right buttons on your remote

For reference, you may check our support article dedicated to this. This article also has further information about the different picture mode and how to customize picture settings of your TCL Roku TV. | How to improve image quality using picture modes on your Roku TV system

Furthermore, if you experience playback issues within the YouTube app only and have already tried all the possible troubleshooting steps, we highly suggest directly reporting this to the channel provider themselves as they maintain and update their app on the Roku streaming platform. 

You may reach them here: YouTube Support

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @LStanley!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. No worries! We'd be happy to suggest some steps to help you improve the image quality of your TCL Roku TV using the picture mode. 

Your Roku TV system has multiple preset picture modes that adjust the appearance of the image to suit your preferences and viewing environment. Changing the picture mode can provide enhancements, especially given the wide range of input signal types from devices like cable and satellite boxes, Blu-ray players, or game consoles and the quality of those signals.

To change picture modes, start streaming a movie or TV show or switch to the Live TV, HDMI®, or AV input where your other devices are connected.

1. Press Star (*) on your Roku® remote to open the TV Settings menu 

2. Select Picture Settings
  3. Select Picture Mode
  4. Change the picture mode using the left and right buttons on your remote

For reference, you may check our support article dedicated to this. This article also has further information about the different picture mode and how to customize picture settings of your TCL Roku TV. | How to improve image quality using picture modes on your Roku TV system

Furthermore, if you experience playback issues within the YouTube app only and have already tried all the possible troubleshooting steps, we highly suggest directly reporting this to the channel provider themselves as they maintain and update their app on the Roku streaming platform. 

You may reach them here: YouTube Support

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LStanley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The subject of this discussion is because in trying to create my own post Roku kept redirecting me back to this person's post so I left a reply with my own issue. 

But don't worry about it, I'm not wasting anymore time explaining the issues I'm having.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.