Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stu1965
Visitor

Re: TCL Roku TV loses wifi connection and then can't find any wifi networks

Jump to solution
model 32S327 , Ver 9.0.0 b4151-48. New router and channel 11 still working
Marian
Visitor

Jump to solution
This tv is just the worst. Everyday there is an issue with connecting with the WiFi. So far anything customer service has done wasn’t helpful. There isn’t a problem with my WiFi because my other tv is fine, along with my iPad and laptop. It’s just crazy what goes on with this...not to mention very frustrating. Today I’ve done everything from rebooting, unplugging and factory reset and it just won’t connect.
I wouldn’t recommend this tv to anyone.
mwm424

Jump to solution
So is @Roku just not doing anything about this? I wish I saw this before I bought the TV a few months ago, because this has been open since last December. I guess I will call them in the morning and get it sent to San Jose for repair??

nuts
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution
To help clarify, you'll need to contact the manufacturer of your TV for support, repair or warranty services. They provide support services directly for their products, and can assist you further. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
msweet331
Visitor

Jump to solution
I am also having this issue.  I purchased a TCL 32S305 last Spring and regularly have lose connection.  Sometimes it is while I'm watching something, but more often it is after I've shut off the TV for a bit and turn it back on, only to find connection lost.  I unplug/replug  my router, which works, but that's a time sucker.  What can be done to remove this issue?
Thanks,
Michelle
0 Kudos
Willett55

Jump to solution
I only had this TV 3 months wifi was working good then no networking is coming up. I too have called and they suppose to be working on it.
They need take TV out stores. I'm going let ppl know not waist their money on this brand. The tech told me it's because I have Infinity internet thats the issue.
0 Kudos
jgriffin055
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Also experiencing this issue with a 40 inch TCL Roku.  TCL support has been useless as the tv was purchased in 2016 and they say not their problem since it is out of warranty.  VERY disappointed this has not been addressed, ROKU doesn't step up to the plate here since it is an ongoing issue, ROKU doesn't put pressure on TCL to improve customer support/their product.  

Looks like I need to buy a new tv.... which will NOT be a roku! 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jgriffin055 wrote:

Looks like I need to buy a new tv.... which will NOT be a roku! 

There are other brands of Roku TVs. Remember, Roku doesn't make the TVs, they only provide the operating system, which the TV manufacturer has to implement correctly. My Sharp is two years old and still works perfectly. Also have an Insignia Roku TV that's closer to three years old. From what I continue to read in this forum I don't think I'd ever buy a TCL TV though. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
RickP

Jump to solution

So, I know this is about TCL TVs, but since the Roku response seems to be 'call TCL' I just wanted to add that I have a small (30in i think) Haier Roku TV device that has the same issue.  Unplugging device, router and cable modem have no positive effect.  Software is as up to date as it is allowing me to get: 9.1.0 build 4121-19

I will call Haier, sure, but my thought is that this seems to be cross-manufacturer.

P.S.  Hopefully helpful context I forgot to add:
Network signal strength is Excellent (I have a repeater in the same room as the TV).

I have 2 Roku stick devices in the house, one separated by being on an entirely different floor of the house from my networking gear and they both work fine (other than over-heating until I got the extenders).

The context doesn't support my case that this is a Roku issue, I realize that, I just wanted to be fair, we love our stick devices.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

With the TVs, Roku does not supply the hardware, only the OS. So it's the TV manufacturers that have to address issues with hardware functionality. I agree it's tough to ping pong between the two, as fingers tend to point at the other. But this is on the TV manufacturers. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos