Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbg626

Roku TCL TV insanely dim/dark screen

Jump to solution

Same!! was using my tv earlier and after I came home it started doing this. HELP

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TCL TV insanely dim/dark screen

Jump to solution

Hello @tbg626

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Roku.

We recommend restarting your Roku TV, Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart and unplug your TV for 10-15 minutes then plug it back in to resolve the issue. If the issue still persists, we would recommend you contact the TV manufacturer for the issue. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

Here is the contact information for TCL support: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Regards,
Karla

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @tbg626

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Roku.

We recommend restarting your Roku TV, Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart and unplug your TV for 10-15 minutes then plug it back in to resolve the issue. If the issue still persists, we would recommend you contact the TV manufacturer for the issue. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

Here is the contact information for TCL support: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Holy **bleep**! The remote "button dance" worked!!!

Thank you! 

aohearn

Jump to solution

I just had the same issue happen today, I was in the middle of watching something through my apple tv on HDMI 1 and the sound was fine but the screen went totally blank.  My question is, how can we be expected to use the menu to reset the TV when you cannot see anything, I can barely see a few letters let alone navigate 5 screens to reset. it.   I have. unplugged from the wall for 30 seconds, 60 seconds, and 2 hours, none if it made the screen work.  When I was able to have the sun shining in on the screen and. I could see a little more, I could see that brightness was set to the highest setting and it was on movie mode, I was able to switch between movie and standard, but nothing changed.  Now it is past 8 pm and I cannot see anything, barely a faint white bar for the settings.  I also did the hard reset with the button on the side to reset to factory settings and it does not work. still (even on brightest and movie).  Now I have a TV I cannot connect to the remote app or WIFI that is still almost a 100% a blacked-out screen.  What the heck!   What can I do now if anything?!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@aohearn, you'll find multiple threads here with the same subject.  If your TV is no longer under warranty, the manufacturer (that most likely is not Roku) probably won't help you.  Try leaving it unplugged overnight, but I really doubt it will help.  The only people I've seen here that have fixed the problem have been willing to take it apart to replace the faulty parts.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos