Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deb78

Re: TCL Roku TV loses wifi connection and then can't find any wifi networks

Jump to solution
thanks, just happened to me first time after months of using t.v. appreciate it...thought tv might be going bad already lol, thanks again
0 Kudos
Ryan_w64836
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
I HAD THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM...UPDATED FIRMWARE...RESET TV I DID EVERYTHING LOL SO AS A LAST RESORT I OPENED UP THE TV TO INSPECT THE BOARDS AND WIFI BOARD.....THE GROUND WIRE COMING FROM THE WIFI CARD WAS GROUNDED TO THE POWER BOARD....THE SCREW WAS LOOSE....I TOOK THE GROUND WIRE OFF THE POWER BOARD AND GROUNDED IT TO THE METAL FRAME TO THE STAND!! PUT IT ALL BACK TOGETHER AND HAS BEEN WORKING PERFECTLY EVER SINCE! HOOE THIS HELPS
uknow731
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I finally figured out what the issue was (at least for me) for the Roku disconnecting from the WIFI about every 10 seconds based on the update that came out on 1/15.

I have two Roku.  Exact same make, model, and firmware.  One constantly disconnects since the latest updated and one does not.  Same wifi network, and same relative distance from the access point.  Through a series of trials and error it came down to the display.

When either of the Roku was connected to the tv that displayed a 4k signal it locked up continuously.  When either of the Roku was connected to the tv that displayed a 1080P signal the Roku never locked up.  When either of the Roku was connected to the tv that diplayed a 4k signal but was stepped down to 1080P the Roku never locked up.  

So, whatever software update Roku did on the 1/15 it certainly seemed to not like a 4k signal or displaying 4k resolution.

Again, this is just my situation, but if anyone else tests that theory, let me know.

Good Luck!!

0 Kudos
uknow731
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update to my previous post:   I performed a factory reset on one of the Roku just to test the impact of what might occur.  After the factory reset, the device will not respond once its shows the "pair your remote" "by pressing the pair button for 3 seconds" screen.   It's completely locked up and now pretty much dead when connected to either TV 4k or 1080p.

I'll let you know if there is any change after I hit it with a hammer a few times.   😉

Jump to solution

NOT EVEN REMOTELY HELPFUL. Seriously I'm about to throw this thing in the trash and beat it with a hammer. I have NINE networks being found on my computer AND OTHER ROKU DEVICES THAT ARE EVEN FARTHER FROM THE ROUTER. I've reset it, I've done the factory reset, I've run an ethernet cord so that I can ensure that my software is up to date. I've even done the thing where you hit the home button 5 times, then fast forward, play, rewind, play, fast forward like it's some kind of video game cheat code, and reset the internet pings (or whatever they were called on that secret internet screen). 

Please try again. This is the most infuriating thing and the warranty JUST ended two months ago. 

Jump to solution

Same here, every single day my daughters TV disconnects all other TVs are fine...works only when right next to router. I have a wi fi booster upstairs 5 ft from the **bleep** TV and it still will not work, my computer, desktop, laptop and my sons Ipad and computer all work fine upstairs,

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Rottendrama wrote:

Same here, every single day my daughters TV disconnects all other TVs are fine...works only when right next to router. I have a wi fi booster upstairs 5 ft from the **bleep** TV and it still will not work, my computer, desktop, laptop and my sons Ipad and computer all work fine upstairs,

Unfortunately, that's a TCL issue, not Roku. TCL is responsible for the hardware used in their sets, and ensuing it works with the Roku OS. I'm sorry to say that TCL doesn't appear to have a very good track record here. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Rottendrama 

Thanks for the note. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can contact TCL here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WesMeyers

Jump to solution

Same here. Phones and laptops in the same room have no connectivity issues but the TCL Roku tv can't stay connected long enough to get through a streaming tv show. I've factory reset several times without any changes.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@WesMeyers 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku TV.

If the issue is still unresolved, please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach TCL support here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos