Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OrionM42

Re: TCL Roku TV loses wifi connection and then can't find any wifi networks

Jump to solution

It's not Roku... It's TCL TV's Wireless card. It's junk don't ever buy one again. cheap TV's are built cheap. My TV lost its connection last summer and hasn't reconnected yet no matter what I do. 

redsven

Jump to solution

do you have any identifying information about them other that small white cubes? maybe something that would help us locate some to buy them? a manufacturer's name? an actual product name?

0 Kudos
Me114
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@DarylDixon wrote:
Hello everyone,,
The happens at least once a day (or more). Watching Netflix (and other channels), then get a network connection error and prompts me to set up new connection. I go to the network setup and scan for wifi networks and none can be found. My laptop in the same room is connected to same wifi with no issues.
I have then go to Settings -> System -> Advanced system settings -> Network connection reset -> Reset Connection.
This will reboot the roku TV and once it comes back up I am able to setup the wifi connection   like normal and everything works until this same cycle happens after a few hours of  using it.
My roku is updated to the latest software.

Thank you for describing, this is exactly what’s been happening.  Unfortunately your fix didn’t work for me.  Updated firmware, had provider come out replaced coaxial and wireless modem.  Worked for the day and back at it.

just it’s time for a tv 😫

0 Kudos
Me114
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@jeffrok wrote:
It's a known bug with the wifi disabling on the TCL (and maybe other brands) Roku TV's, brought on by a software update sometime between October and December..

As I said, Roku is aware of the problem, and they are working on a fix.

So how about 2 years later?

juandela
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@uknow731 wrote:

Update to my previous post:   I performed a factory reset on one of the Roku just to test the impact of what might occur.  After the factory reset, the device will not respond once its shows the "pair your remote" "by pressing the pair button for 3 seconds" screen.   It's completely locked up and now pretty much dead when connected to either TV 4k or 1080p.

I'll let you know if there is any change after I hit it with a hammer a few times.   😉

This is exactly where I'm at.  Oddly enough, both of my remotes will power on/off the tv but won't get past the language/pair hurdle.

Twice

Jump to solution

Same problem and I bought two 60 TCL Roku TVs.  Tell everyone you know to stay away from both.

0 Kudos
webgrunt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am experiencing this also with TCL 55S405 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2017 Model).

I tried doing a full factory reset, no dice, the TV's MAC address is showing as all zeroes which means the TV can't communicate with the WiFi card.  To me this suggests a hardware failure of the card.

I've put in a support request to TCL but I suspect I'll have to hardwire the TV to the network.  Since this is a 2017 model and a lot of people started reporting this in 2018, I suspect that there was a run of weak WiFi cards around that time and they just die frequently.

0 Kudos
Tryton77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So my Roku started having problems after the June 27th 2020 software update prior to this was just minor issues with a dropping off maybe once a month or so now every morning I wake up I can't get it to connect with a Wi-Fi that it was connecting with for over a year now. has anybody done a hard wire connection with a Nick cable to see if that rectify the problem? Let me know...

webgrunt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had my wife test that and she said everything worked.  Even if the wifi becomes more reliable with the next update I prefer a wired connection so I ordered a switch for $17 to split up the signal.  Cables are less apt to drop signal or get interference.

Tryton77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Turns out if you unplug it from the power for about 30 seconds or a minute when it comes back on you can make a Wi-Fi connection if that helps anyone as a workaround.