Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
webgrunt
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Roku TV loses wifi connection and then can't find any wifi networks

Jump to solution

@Tryton77 wrote:

Turns out if you unplug it from the power for about 30 seconds or a minute when it comes back on you can make a Wi-Fi connection if that helps anyone as a workaround.

I don't think that works every time because I tried that yesterday and it didn't work.  Maybe if I kept trying it, it might have eventually worked.  I'm switching to a permanent wired connection to prevent any further problems.

0 Kudos
Shel2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just woke up to this issue this morning. Was fine earlier when hubby was watching. He turned it off to go somewhere and when he came back, no connecting. I have tried everything I could think of. This tv is barely a year old. From what I have read here, factory reset is a no go. I tried unplugging the tv for about 10 seconds and nothing so now I am trying it for longer. Hope it works for me. No money to buy a new tv til Christmas. I am retired and disabled so this really sucks. And we will never ever buy a tcl again. Have had soooo many weird issues with it.

webgrunt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You should be able to connect it with a CAT (network) cable, most routers have a port and the TV does too.  Not ideal but at least that should get it online.  Agreed though, no more Rokus for us.

0 Kudos
Shel2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Tried a brand new ethernet cable and will not connect wired. However, after about the tenth try it decided to connect to the wifi. Who knows? Also, it's not Roku that is the issue, it's the tv itself. Have had Roku tvs before and no problem.

0 Kudos
Me114
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just bought a new tv.  Even tried to keep the Roku as a 2nd monitor but it kept powering off at the most inconvenient times to tossed it.  Bought it for $128 5 yrs ago and got my monies worth.  Hope this doesn’t happen to the 55”

0 Kudos
jgriffin055
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hooked up a roku stick after getting one for free.  Figured it couldn't hurt.  It is working (I think it is bypassing the wifi card issue), though can be annoying at times.  At least it works and didnt have to toss and replace.  I'm sure a chromecast or the like would work too.

Jump to solution

My TCL Roku TV upon start up today showed no internet connection and instructed me to set up the internet. When I did so, it repeatedly failed to connect to both 2G and 5G bands. The wireless and internet are both fine -- I have a computer and smartphone within a few feet of the TV and both receive strong signals and 100+ Mbps speeds. After several tries, I contacted the support website. It appears to be a computer-generated series of questions, after which I was referred to a pay site -- $46 a month for tech support ($1 for trial). The warranty on the TV expired about two weeks ago.

I don't believe in paying $500+ a year for tech support on a $600 TV. So I tried another way based on an answer here. I unplugged the TV. When I plugged it back in, it worked normally -- as if nothing had ever happened.

Tryton77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

According to the intergalactic space time television consortium, when your TCL TV decides it doesn't want to connect to the internet any longer it's best to just unplug it for 30 seconds and somehow, everything will be okay.

Glad it helped you...

0 Kudos
KLIPKLIP
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ryan_w64836 is right, it's a loose ground wire. I experienced the same issue and tried everything. A loose ground wire makes perfect sense. It connects sometimes and not others, laptops work but the TV drops connection, etc.

You can open it up and fix the loose screw that's attached to the ground wire. Use some locktite to keep it in place, or just bang on the outside of it with your fist where the lan cable plugs in, since I'm assuming not all people who read this will be able to fix it on their own. A little nudge on the outside where the lan cable plugs in might push the screw in a little bit and help the TV stay connected as a result.

Good luck everyone.

0 Kudos
Tryton77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hey I appreciate your enthusiasm to want to help but this is not at all clear...

Additionally I don't have a coax connection going into my TV I'm pulling streaming directly off of Wi-Fi.

You might want to throw a photo app to show what exactly you're doing to the back of the television set I am definitely not clear on what you're doing to fix a loose ground wire.

Please elaborate..

Thx,

Tryton

0 Kudos