Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV & Google Home

Jump to solution

@TN2

Thanks for the update!

I have reviewed your account and made an update to it. This has been forwarded to the right team, and we'll make sure to forward any relevant information here once we have an update about the investigation.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JustFrick
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having a similar issue. I have 2 Hisense tv's. same model but different years i'm guessing. I can connect the first TV I bought but now just purchased a second and I get the same "something went wrong" message. I have read from previous years that the Roku app only allows one device but then also read recently that they fixed it. (nope) It shows on my Google Home app that I have 2 devices however only one (the original one added) works with "hey Google"... 

0 Kudos
TN2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When I removed my old TV and just did the new one, it made no difference, the new one would not work with Google.  

To me it seems like an issue with the new software build. 

It happens, I know when doing updates I just copied a line from the last working version which was actually just a patch when what I needed was to go back 2 revisions and get the original file, plus the patch.

It can happen easy enough and with so many different model tv's running in to the same problem, ai am sure an update will come out soon.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JustFrick @TN2,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We'd like to gather more information about this issue that you're experiencing. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? When did the issue start?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TN2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You have my information and a ticket opened now for awhile.

It's real simple.

Just be honest with the customer.

If the new Roku Tv's do not work with Google Home then tell people, if not then put out a new revision and stop the please give us more information BS that you constantly do because you are not fixing the problem.

I will just say to **bleep** with Roku going forward, return my new 75" and switch it out for a Google TV that works as advertised.   

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We understand your frustrations, @TN2.

We're really sorry for the inconvenience.

No worries, @RokuERey has already passed along all the information you have provided to our Roku engineers. Rest assured, our team is working actively to fix this issue as soon as possible.

We sincerely appreciate your patience in dealing with this concern.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lvautier
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am going through the same bull**bleep** - older devices (5) work perfectly, brand new onn TV won't work with Google.  I am ready to return this POS.  I have worked with Roku, onn and the latest referred me to google support (good luck with that).

0 Kudos
ohpkuser
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am using a TCL 50S45, Google Home Version 3.10.1.6

Hardware ID: G135X

Serial #: X012002J0D9U

Sofware Version: 12.5.0 - Build 4176-CG

Device ID: S0JRD27J0D9U

GC Version 10.4.45

Report Tracker ID: 9U-002-623

Both the TCL TV and the Google Home device are on the same wifi network. The Roku App on the Google Home device can control the Roku TV, so they are able to communicate. In Google Home, the Roku TV shows as Offline.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@ohpkuser,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We will forward this to the relevant parties as supplementary data for the inquiry.

As of right now, there are no updates available on this, but we'll be sure to check in when there are.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @lvautier,

Welcome, and thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience. We have already passed this case along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We would appreciate it if you could also provide us with the details requested about this.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.