Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RetroGiant
Binge Watcher

Re: TCL R635 PS5 1440p VRR pink lines

Jump to solution

@RokuNimfa-C @RokuMary-F 

Tracker ID   AF-070-511

Surely someone within the company has this tv and ps5 and knows this is a problem.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@RetroGiant T

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the necessary information. 

We appreciate your effort in helping us resolve this matter.  We will thoroughly review the information you provided, as your concerns have been forwarded to the appropriate team at Roku

Regards,
Nimfa

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we continue to investigate the issue you are experiencing with VRR pink lines.

In the meantime, can you please provide us with the specific game titles that you are experiencing this issue with.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sleepwalker77
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It happens to me while playing on a PlayStation 5 console. I have the issue with destiny 2 with the pvp settings at 120 hz, and while playing quake at 120 hz. Vrr makes the lines run up the screen from bottom to top. I also get some screen tearing and flickering black screen

Coneyparleg
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

In addition to Marvel Spider-Man, Spider-Man Miles Morales, Ratchet and Clank a Rift Beyond, this also happens in the User interface dashboard, like for example if you go to Screen settings in the PS5 menu and select test 1440p output with 120hz and VRR enabled.

0 Kudos
HectorC48
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

In the PS5 Setting happens in the output test for 1440p when at 120hz with vrr and also in the following titles:

God of War: Ragnarok

Horizon Forbidden West

Destiny 2

Hogwarts Legacy

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for sharing your observation and providing additional information about an issue with your PS5 that has a pink line.

We have passed along your details to the Roku team for further investigation. Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. Rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We prioritize resolving this as soon as possible, and we ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
qutips
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue.

I think it might be important for the roku team to know that this issue only first happened to me after October 28th 2022. I first started seeing the pink lines after I purchased COD MW2 on my xbox series x. At first I thought it was COD but then a couple of days later after buying COD I saw the pink lines on other games. So then I thought maybe it was an xbox update, but it seems that PS5 users are also reporting the issue. So most likely a Roku or TCL update that was pushed the week of the October 28th 2022.

I did some trouble shooting myself and it does only happen when I have VRR enabled on my console. If I play games at 120 without VRR it works fine. I also have noticed that the pink lines don't seem to appear while VRR is on until there is a significant change in FPS on my console. For instance, some menus or screen only run at 60FPS, but gameplay is 120. When a significant change in FPS occurs the screen goes black for about 2 second, almost as if its taking a while to adjust its refresh rate, and then after it "catches" up to the frames the pink lines will then be there on the right side of the screen.

Sleepwalker77
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

On ps5 I see the use at 120 hz without vrr. It is less severe though

0 Kudos
vmyrdge
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This just started happening for me as well. PC hooked up via HDMI - 1440p @ 120HZ. Noticed when VRR is turned on and when the framerate in any game drops below 120hz the pink lines appear. This seems related to change in frames for sure. I've tried swapping graphics cards and same issue occurs so it definitely the TV. Swapped HDMI cables and inputs as well.

This really needs to be fixed. VRR is one of the main reasons I purchased this set. VRR off has a massive impact. Please escalate this if you can.

Thank you

0 Kudos