Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPierre83
Reel Rookie

Re: Streambar audio is failing after a few months

I have had this same issue since shortly after purchasing my Roku streambar (bass distortion - sounds like a blown speaker but I did not push it in volume at all) in February of 2021. I literally have to turn the bass all the way down in the Roku setting or it is unusable and of course that defeats the whole purpose of having this product! Needless to say, it still has that problem and I would love to get it taken care of as I love the product otherwise. Can anyone help me out with a solution?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JPierre83,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JPierre83
Reel Rookie

Mary,

The serial number for my device is: 2A10AC393865. Within 2 months of purchasing my Roku Streambar, the speaker started to sound as if it was blown out when playing low frequencies, even though I never pushed the volume of the Streambar beyond a very reasonable level. I didn’t know what I could do about this, as it was already too late to return the item, but I recently came across this thread where it seems that people were getting help from Roku with this issue. 

I would greatly appreciate the same as the product is otherwise great!

Jesse Renaud
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JPierre83,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team via email. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gcates
Reel Rookie

Hi Roku Mary.  I am having the same issues.  My sound bar was purchased March 2021 and am having major issues with the speaker sounding busted.  I love the concept of this sound bar and own multiple roku products, but am very disappointed with the way the sound has degraded over just a little over a year.  Please advise.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @gcates

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku Streambar. It can be found from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
gcates
Reel Rookie

Thank you!  It’s been going on for several months, but I just recently discovered this thread about folks having the same issues.  
Serial number is: YL00AD905279

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gcates,

We appreciate you reaching out to the Roku community!

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Notme1

I've been procrastinating about researching my options to fix this same issue and am surprised to see this is not only a trend, but also how willing Roku is to make it right. Same story...loved this little home theater/Roku solution up to the point it started sounding like a speaker/bass blew out. Curious to know if there was some sort of defect since there's seemingly quite a few affected just in this thread alone.

My serial: YL001L231403

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may provide,

Tom

0 Kudos
Jetski
Reel Rookie

Mine sounded like it blew a speaker/than started working as it should. I had contacted Roku before it started working correctly. They told me to send it in anyway. They sent me a new one.

Can't beat that kind of customer support/service.

Very pleased with Roku !

0 Kudos