Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LittleBlue
Reel Rookie

loud "alarm" sound from roku box or remote

I purchased a Roku Streambar 9102R on 11/25/20 and it has been working fine. Last night I turned off the TV and Roku to go to bed and as I was walking upstairs this loudest alarm sound started blaring through the house. I couldn't tell where it was coming from at first. I initially thought it was my house alarm going off and was expecting the police to come, it was extremely loud. After 5 minutes I discovered it was coming from the Streambar and I had to unplug it to turn it off. I plugged it back in tonight and it seems to be working fine but I am fearful it will happen again, in the middle of the night and wake up everyone so I am unplugging before I go to bed. The model# and SN# is below. What could have caused this and how can I be sure it won't happen again?

Model: 9102X

SN: 2A1091657641

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: loud "alarm" sound from roku box or remote

@LittleBlue

Thanks for the post.

When this issue happened, do you know if there was anything streaming at the time? When you stop streaming for the day, are you making sure to return to the Roku Home screen?

When this issue happens again, can you please provide a tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LittleBlue
Reel Rookie

Re: loud "alarm" sound from roku box or remote

Hi Danny,

Nothing was streaming at the time as far as I know as the unit was off. We generally press the "Home" button when we are done watching television and then turn everything off, but I cannot confirm we did so that night. 

To be honest, I don't know how I could provide you with a tracker ID as the unit was off and the only way, I could stop it was to unplug. Maybe I could turn it on and perform the steps you mention below? But in the chaos of waking up my entire household I may not be in the right frame of mind to do so. I have a home alarm system, and this was as loud as that which is why it was hard to determine what was making the noise. I would have never guessed it was the Roku!

Thanks!

0 Kudos