Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devan24

Streambar audio changes and inaudible background sound

Jump to solution

In the last couple of weeks, I have begun to experience somewhat strange audio problems. While watching the Olympics on both YouTubeTV and Peacock the tv announcers were clear but background sound was non-existent, meaning I could not hear music for the women's floor exercises, performers on stage who weren't mic'ed up NBC/Peacock staff, etc.. Now, I have found that on other channels and other programs when I was supposed to hear animal sounds on Nat Geo Wild via YTTV or on Netflix, and other background sounds on ACORN or Prime or BritBox, aren't audible.

During the Olympics, if I usually listened at volume 10, to barely hear background sounds I needed to turn it up to 30 or more. I've tried changing audio settings but nothing changes, whether set for movies, audio, music, or any other mode. Have also turned leveling on and off with no success.

Streambar info:

Model 9102R

Serial # YL001334694

Software v13.1.4, build 1512-95

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar audio changes and inaudible background sound

Jump to solution

Hello! @devan24,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Roku Streambar experiencing inaudible background issues and for attempting troubleshooting steps to address the problem. We are glad to assist.

• Could you please clarify whether the issue occurred before the most recent update or after you received the update?
  • How is the audio connected – is it via HDMI or optical?
  • Do you have any other device/s connected to your TV?
  • Does another cable or port fix?

system restart is the least invasive reset method. It involves removing the power cord from your Roku device for at least 10 seconds before plugging it back in. If reaching the power cord is inconvenient, you can also use the instructions below to restart the system from the Settings menu and control your Roku device with the remote. 

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

In either case, your Roku device will complete a system restart and hopefully return to regular operation after a moment. 

Learn how to fix audio/video (A/V) sync issues in the detailed A/V troubleshooting article.

Please keep us posted on what you find out. We will be happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar audio changes and inaudible background sound

Jump to solution

Hello! @devan24,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Roku Streambar experiencing inaudible background issues and for attempting troubleshooting steps to address the problem. We are glad to assist.

• Could you please clarify whether the issue occurred before the most recent update or after you received the update?
  • How is the audio connected – is it via HDMI or optical?
  • Do you have any other device/s connected to your TV?
  • Does another cable or port fix?

system restart is the least invasive reset method. It involves removing the power cord from your Roku device for at least 10 seconds before plugging it back in. If reaching the power cord is inconvenient, you can also use the instructions below to restart the system from the Settings menu and control your Roku device with the remote. 

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

In either case, your Roku device will complete a system restart and hopefully return to regular operation after a moment. 

Learn how to fix audio/video (A/V) sync issues in the detailed A/V troubleshooting article.

Please keep us posted on what you find out. We will be happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.