cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SJMaye
Roku Guru

Streambar Pro and Optical Audio Question

Jump to solution

I tried looking for a in-depth manual for the Streambar Pro.  All I could find is the quick guide which does not answer my question.  If there is another document with more detailed information on the Streambar Pro I would appreciate a link to it.

I have the Streambar connected to my TV with HDMI ARC and it is working well.  What want to know is if the optical audio port is outputting audio when I am connected in this way.  Specifically, when the Streambar volume is set to zero I need line audio.

Why?  I have an older set of wireless headphones that I used a lot before the streambar.  I need to use these in the early morning so as not to wake the wife.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SJMaye
Roku Guru

Re: Streambar Pro and Optical Audio Question

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion, but I really don't like the idea of using the mobile app as a workaround.  I bought a Bluetooth headset and they work fine with the  Streambar.  Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @SJMaye.

We appreciate you reaching out for support and we'd be happy to lend a hand.

Just to clarify if I'm understanding your concern correctly, do you mean when the volume of your Roku Streambar Pro is set to zero does it output the sound? If I got it correctly, then yes, it will lower the volume. 

In addition, you can use your headphones to utilize private listening. Plug it directly into your TV and change the audio outputs.

Let us know if you have further clarifications and in need of any assistance. We'd be glad to continue doing so. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SJMaye
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello Carly,

I will try to clarify.  I wake up early in the morning and normally would use a wireless headset whose transmitter is plugged into the back of the TV, but since I installed the streambar the audio is now controlled by the streambar.  Not the TV.   No sound at all is reaching the TV, so there is no sound that reaches the TV audio out jack.  Looking at the back of the streambar I see no audio out jack or other to plug my wireless headphone transmitter into.

Does that make more sense?

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi! @SJMaye,

Thanks for the post,

You can use the free Roku mobile app for private listening with your headphones.

Follow these steps to get started:

1. If you have not already done so, install the free Roku mobile app from the app store for your mobile device.

2. Pair your Bluetooth headphones with your mobile device.

3. Start the Roku mobile app and select the private listening icon from the bottom of the remote controller screen.

These support articles may be useful if you have additional questions:

(How to install the Roku® mobile app
 (How do I use headphones with my mobile device for private listening?
You will have to pair the headphones to your mobile phone and not to the Roku TV.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best regards, 

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SJMaye
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion, but I really don't like the idea of using the mobile app as a workaround.  I bought a Bluetooth headset and they work fine with the  Streambar.  Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.