RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streambar Audio Problems

@Lothar

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

My streambar has been cutting in and out for over a year and a half. I’ve changed all the cables, done all of the troubleshooting I can think of. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CGCmenagerie,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an audio issue with Roku Streambar.

For us to isolate your audio issue, it would be very helpful if you could answer the following questions:

• Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your device?
  • In Settings > Audio > Audio mode, what setting do you have selected? Does the same issue occur if you change the setting to Stereo, etc.?
  • During playback of any content, press the * key on your remote. A menu will open on the lefthand side of the screen. Do you have any 'Volume mode' enabled here? If so, try turning this off. Does this resolve the issue?

Moreover, if the issue only happens on one channel, removing the channel and then adding it back in may help.

You can visit this Support article for detailed instructions on how to do it: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pinojenn

I am having the same problem. My sound is really fuzzy and it almost sounds like the speaker is blown. I know this can't be the case I just bought it. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @pinojenn,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching us regarding your Roku Streambar issue.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into, can you please provide us with more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? Can you please check the information that I just previously posted? In addition, please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device.

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
barrettg53
Channel Surfer

Never heard a word back about this issue.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @barrettg53,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the trouble this has caused as well as the delay in the provision of a solution.

We would like to notify you that we have forwarded the information that was supplied to our Support team along with this case that has been marked. They will communicate with you from there.

If there is anything more that we can look into further, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us or the Community and let them know about it. Thanks!

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
otherworld

I think you folks should know where I landed. Similar problems with the 9102R Streambar. For years the problem has come and gone. Around November it started up again. Today I tried a factory reset, and now the dialog audio is almost non-existent, but what little I can hear has a distinct echo. I tried contacting support and was told this:

"We appreciate your patience. Based on our check, it appears that there is already a physical fault with this equipment. And we can decide between two options: either we escalate this problem or we get a new device."

Escalation means I gave them the serial number, software version and build, and an issue ID. I was also essentially told that the issue can't be fixed and I should get a new soundbar. As things stand right now, I don't think I ever want another Roku device. There's multiple threads here of people having issues. Frequently someone who sounds helpful reaches out and talks about emailing the complainants privately, but most of the time we just hear that no one ever gets back to them with a solution. Super disappointing. The interface for Roku systems is excellent, but at least with the soundbar, seems like the product is quite lacking. I think my greatest frustration is that this seems like a software issue, due to the way it comes and goes (though the buzzing has been around for a long time now). But I don't see a way to rollback. Good luck folks.

0 Kudos