JonathanMurray
Channel Surfer

Streambar Audio Issues - Again!

My original Streambar was replaced by Roku in 2021 after it developed audio issues (static).  Now the replacement has gone the same path.  I'm not terribly optimistic you'll want to replace this now three-year-old device, but maybe you'd like to know it has crapped out?  Never used at more than moderate volume, just started throwing gradually worsening static over the past couple of months and no amount of hard resetting or configuration changes solved it.

Model: 9102X
SN: 2A10CE759226

Received as replacement in July 2021

I do plan to purchase the Streambar Pro, hopefully when they go on sale next... but if you happen to have a discount code laying around unused, I wouldn't be opposed to buying one ASAP!

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar Audio Issues - Again!

Hello! @JonathanMurray,

We appreciate your post in the Roku Community!

Thank you for contacting us about your Roku Streambar audio issue. We're pleased to assist.

We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JonathanMurray
Channel Surfer

Model and serial number are in the original post... I'd have to reconnect it to my TV to determine the rest of what you're asking, but ensuring it had all software updates was part of my troubleshooting.  Safe to assume it has the latest software you offered.

It was happening on every app we have: Disney, Amazon, Max, Apple, Paramount, Philo, etc.  And yes, even the Roku channel.

The speakers (or at least one of them) seem to be blown.  The one this replaced three years ago had similar problems; I sent that one back but of course you don't come back and tell us what the specific problem was...

If I have time to reconnect it and provide you more information later in the week, I'll do it.

0 Kudos
PTznic9yet
Streaming Star

@JonathanMurray All Roku speakers are experiencing similar issues. Don't spend any more money on them. Upgrading wont solve your problems. I have a soundbar pro, 4 Roku speakers, and 1 Roku sub. The audio is so bad that I unplug the speakers when I want to watch a movie.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.