Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kcb1
Streaming Star

Spotify Channel not working

recently purchased Roku onn tv. it's completely updated considering it's brand new. spotify is the only channel not working. shows it's installed but doesn't appear in shortcuts. I manually search it and hit "go to channel" just brings me right back to the same page. deleting and reinstalling does nothing. factory reset tv 3 times. nothing. #spotify #onn 

0 Kudos
45 REPLIES 45
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: channel shortcut not working

Just cause something is brand new doesn’t mean it’s updated. If the TV has been in a box for the past 9 months how can it be updated? There are no channel shortcuts. Are you saying Spotify does not launch when you click on it? Do other channels work such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ and more? You have the Spotify channel installed on your Roku?

0 Kudos
kcb1
Streaming Star

well when I turned the TV on for the first time and it checks and updates itself I'd say it's safe to assume it's updated? there are channel shortcuts. it's literally a roku tv. you "add channels" correct ? everything else installs and gets added to the home screen just fine 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

I have 3 TCL Roku TV’s plus other Roku devices. 8 total. When you first set it up and connect it to your WiFi it will download updates. There are no shortcuts on a Roku. If your referring to your Home Screen those are the actual channels you have installed such as Netflix, Hulu, Roku channel and in your case Spotify. Those aren’t shortcuts. Do other channels work? So are you saying you cannot add Spotify to your Roku TV when you go to the channel store? Or do you have it installed already?

0 Kudos
kcb1
Streaming Star

yet again, I install spotify. doesnt show up anywhere. search it, shows it's installed. if I "go to channel" it brings me back to the same page. tried installing through the roku app. also doesn't work. only solution I've seen is update tv which is completely updated already. this isn't my first roku device and I've never had an issue with spotify. everything else works fine 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@kcb1 wrote:

... deleting and reinstalling does nothing. ... 

After going through the motions of deleting the app, restart the Roku. Since it's a Roku TV, turning it off and on is not sufficient. Use the menu system to restart the device. Then, using the Channel Store on the Roku device, search for and install the app.

Let us know what happens.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
kcb1
Streaming Star

restarting didn't work either

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@kcb1 wrote:

restarting didn't work either

That statement only lists one of the steps. There are three steps. Nowhere in what you've written indicates you did all three steps in the correct order. You've listed the steps, but nowhere do you put them in order in what you're reporting as your actions.

I am not going to assume you did all the steps in the correct order, actually listing the steps and the order, unless you explicitly say you did.

I'm not trying to be a jackass or anything, but I am wanting to ensure what you did before we go to further steps.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
kcb1
Streaming Star

what steps? the app was Uninstalled and I restarted the TV. I've tried everything over and over. this isn't my first time using a TV. 

0 Kudos
kcb1
Streaming Star

I wouldn't post on here if I hadn't tried literally everything already. factory reset doesn't work even with making sure the app is uninstalled. Uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't work. restart doesn't work after making sure its uninstalled. searching the app and installing doesn't work. looking in the categories and installing doesn't work. installing through the roku app doesn't work. need more steps ?

0 Kudos